The Whacked Thumb photos (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
So some time ago I whacked my thumb, so I thought I would track its recovery.

1st photo after the whacking

2yse6y6y.jpg

Was familia with the hot paper clip method, but went with the small drill bit method to ease the pressure, thanks JAG009.

udyse9ed.jpg

Damage coursed by snagging on glove lining ( ouch )

ja9ypeda.jpg

Some TLC and trimming to stop it caching it on stuff

y5uvu6uh.jpg

qe5y9yda.jpg

uqavyte2.jpg

On the road to recovery

atazu4a4.jpg

uzynasy2.jpg

So to all that whack there thumbs, there it hope :)

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
My last whacking was of my big toe,went to grab a 3 pack of Old peculiar off the top shelf of a supermarket,pack came apart in my hands one bottle fell 6ft on to my big toe(i was wearing light weight slip on trainers at the time) i stood there grinding my teeth for 5 mins for the pain to ease,walked out,once back at car checked toe to find nail split in half and a rather bloody sock,lost the nail,my oh my did it smart at the time,at least i didnt need to do the pressure relief bit like you did though,mine to made a good recovery like yours.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Best thing you can do is the paper clip or drill bit, good one. Bloody painful innit, no matter how many times you do it it never gets better. The snagging picture is what makes me feel funny as I've had that happen myself. It's grown back a treat. Beauty...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE