The TV Presenter-Based Human Size Scale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Where do you fit in?

• Skinnier than Grylls

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • About Grylls-sized

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Between Grylls and Mears

Votes: 35 28.7%
  • About Mears'-sized

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • Fatter than Mears

Votes: 22 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
I'm not fat!

I'm provocatively rounded!

Thats my perception, trouble is no one else perceives it the same way. :lmao:

Harley

Forager
Mar 15, 2010
London
Gentlemen, may I be frank:

To publicly name an individual and make personal comments (anonymously) on his appearance is not only frightfully rude but, I suspect, actionable.

Moreover, is this discussion really of any value to anyone reading?

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
We are only having a giraffe. The great (in more ways than one) Raymondo recieves many plaudits on this site as well.

The thread probably has no value apart from a bit of the craic. Which is nice.

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

To publicly name an individual and make personal comments (anonymously) on his appearance is not only frightfully rude but, I suspect, actionable.

I've just re-read this thread and can't find a post where anyone is posting personal comments about anyones appearance except there own.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Point taken, but is it really of any value?

Not to me, but if the forum only had posts that I considered of any value, the membership would just consist of me. Don't take it so seriously, it's just some harmless fun to take the P out of ourselves.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
'Fatter than Mears' or do my eyes deceive?

He wasn't saying that RM was fat or being in anyway personal about RM, just asking if anyone was fatter than him. It could have been worded better with maybe 'bigger built', but is not anymore insulting than asking if anyone is fatter than Bear Grylls, me, Kylie or Giant Haystacks.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

I agree 100% with you and I thought these days we had moved on from calling people fat, how wrong I was.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
saying "fatter than" is not calling anyone fat, it's relative to your perception. my right leg is longer than my left but my left isn't short. as said in the OP " just for fun". after my brekie I think i've moved into the middle group now!

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I've voted for between Grylls and Mears but SWMBO reckons I'm more Mears (she says ray is cuddly!:rolleyes:)

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Perhaps it's because I'm shaped like a racing snake and thus not sensitive to it, but I have yet to see any insults slung in Mr Mears' direction in this thread. Merely referring to his build is not an insult, it's a statement of fact, in this context not intended as an insult.

kieran-

Apr 10, 2010
england
Also this is a bushcraft board, probably the last place on earth youd find someone insulting Mr Mears. Most people probably have a carved wood effigy they keep under their beds and pray to it every night. Im a lot thinner than Ray but I get tired walking down the street to the cornershop :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE