The tomorrow people.....

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm a self confessed film/TV show geek and if honest with myself spend far more on DVD's than 99% of folk here do on kit :(

Some shows are truly classic, such as this series. I've the box set and it was worth every penny

[video=youtube;hgQTESr6BC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgQTESr6BC8[/video]

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
...and remember, we men just get better with age

article-1371368-0B63C32600000578-673_306x423.jpg

See :D
No waaaaaaaaaaayyy!!!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
My Saturdays as a kid weren't complete if I didn't have this to begin my weekend.

[video=youtube;CQTq88Ie5sU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQTq88Ie5sU[/video]

LOL. This is the only Saturday, kids' show I recognize from this thread. TBH the only other show on here (not a Saturday, kids' show) I recognize is the Twilight Zone episode Rik posted.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
For Saturday shows, does anybody remember Land Of The Lost? The remake movie a couple of years ago really, really sucked.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We didn't get a tv until I was seven. The Grandparents had one though (it was ancient, bought for the coronation) and tbh it was pretty dire; black and white, two channels, only on for part of the day, and if the wind moved the aerial or a crow took a sit on it, the whole thing went haywire. Looked like a 1970'a tank top on the screen :D
Mum said the radio was better and she'd rather we read books :)
Sorry Santama, I don't recognise that sons of Hercules at all :dunno:

cheers,
M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
This'll hopefully stir some memories and set you up for an afternoon of Swashbuckling.

[video=youtube;z-ZEDNkZ2L4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZEDNkZ2L4[/video]

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
"You have to fight for what is right; whatever you believe...." and weird dubbing into English. I think half of the generation ended up lip reading French :D :lmao:

:D

M

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
We didn't get a tv until I was seven. The Grandparents had one though (it was ancient, bought for the coronation) and tbh it was pretty dire; black and white, two channels, only on for part of the day, and if the wind moved the aerial or a crow took a sit on it, the whole thing went haywire. Looked like a 1970'a tank top on the screen :D
Mum said the radio was better and she'd rather we read books :)
Sorry Santama, I don't recognise that sons of Hercules at all :dunno:

cheers,
M

Yeah we didn't get a color tv until pretty well into the 60s either. And even then most of the programming was still in B7W. Likewise about only two channels (and one of those was at least somewhat fuzzy) In fact, the limited channels continued until at least the 70s or 80s (well after I'd enlisted and left)

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I hear you but it's more a case of and I know it's stupid but somehow you sort of expect your childhood heros to be immortal :D

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not all American shows were shown here Santaman and some were only broadcast regionally.

If your a Guy Williams fan did you ever watch

[video=youtube;DXvGYEdb_BY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvGYEdb_BY[/video]

Unfortunately I can't pull up your linked video as it's embedding has been disabled by poster's request. But yes, I did indeed watch Lost In Space.

I figured not all American shows would have been shown there but I suspected The Sons Of Hercules might have as they were actually an Italian show. Zorro was a long shot.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'd seen the Zorro program, and we didn't get a telly till later on than most. May have seen it at the Saturday Morning Picture Show at the cinema in town. Utter chaos, cinema full of sugar fuelled kids and no parents. (Though my mum made me take sandwiches):rolleyes:. Always a good mix of a main film, cartoons and some old serials.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE