The tomorrow people.....

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Unfortunately I can't pull up your linked video as it's embedding has been disabled by poster's request. But yes, I did indeed watch Lost In Space.

I figured not all American shows would have been shown there but I suspected The Sons Of Hercules might have as they were actually an Italian show. Zorro was a long shot.

Just click where it says 'watch on youtube'

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
We didn't get a tv until I was seven. The Grandparents had one though (it was ancient, bought for the coronation) and tbh it was pretty dire; black and white, two channels, only on for part of the day, and if the wind moved the aerial or a crow took a sit on it, the whole thing went haywire. Looked like a 1970'a tank top on the screen :D
Mum said the radio was better and she'd rather we read books :)
Sorry Santama, I don't recognise that sons of Hercules at all :dunno:

cheers,
M

Ah but Toddy do you remember Glen Michael's Cartoon Cavalcade with Paladin the lamp? I have a sneaking feeling only you and I on this thread will know what I'm on about.:eek:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'd seen the Zorro program, and we didn't get a telly till later on than most. May have seen it at the Saturday Morning Picture Show at the cinema in town. Utter chaos, cinema full of sugar fuelled kids and no parents. (Though my mum made me take sandwiches):rolleyes:. Always a good mix of a main film, cartoons and some old serials.

Then you must remember

[video=youtube;t9BBa0yok68]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9BBa0yok68[/video]

Happy days :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
GB, do you remember this? Used to play on a Saturday morning

[video=youtube;KYuXFSTcRr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYuXFSTcRr0[/video]

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
ABC Minors song had one of those balls bouncing along the words in time with the music on the big screen . Was a tanner in the stalls and ninepence upstairs.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Then you must remember

Happy days :)

It wasn't a Regal/ABC cinema I don't think and I think they'd stopped the song by my time as I don't really remember it as being part of the show, but it had usually started by the time the bus got us into town from where we lived.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I know we had BBC1 and BBC2 and STV by the time I married and left home.

Ah but Toddy do you remember Glen Michael's Cartoon Cavalcade with Paladin the lamp? I have a sneaking feeling only you and I on this thread will know what I'm on about.:eek:

:lmao: I sent in a photo of Gavin and the boys for the birthday thing :D Glen read it out, and I think most of the Grammar school saw him sitting with two toddlers on his lap on the Sunday cartoons :D :D The girls all went, "Awww :)".(my babies were cute) and the boys gave him the entire, "Haw, Sur ? wiz that you on Glen Michael ? ;) ", to which Himself replied that he didn't really think that at 16 they'd want it widely known that they still watched Bugs Bunny, and Rusty the dug :rolleyes: ;)

atb,
Mary

Last edited:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Remake trailer.

[video=youtube;JwXVsRUi53k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXVsRUi53k[/video]

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I know we had BBC1 and BBC2 and STV by the time I married and left home.

:lmao: I sent in a photo of Gavin and the boys for the birthday thing :D Glen read it out, and I think most of the Grammar school saw him sitting with two toddlers on his lap on the Sunday cartoons :D :D The girls all went, "Awww :)".(my babies were cute) and the boys gave him the entire, "Haw, Sur ? wiz that you on Glen Michael ? ;) ", to which Himself replied that he didn't really think that at 16 they'd want it widely known that they still watched Bugs Bunny, and Rusty the dug :rolleyes: ;)

atb,
Mary

I'm 56 and I still watch Bugs Bunny if I get the chance. LOL

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm 56 and I still watch Bugs Bunny if I get the chance. LOL

One of the joys of having grand children is a 'legitimate' reason to sit there with them and watch Mr Bunny in action all over again and of course Tom and Jerry :)

Great phone app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phuong.tomandje rry&hl=en also available for Windows phone.

I got the DVD box set of this a while ago and even though its black and white my little grandson really enjoys it

[video=youtube;6ifS2nP53Zs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ifS2nP53Zs[/video]

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
The Best show on TV when I was a kid
[video=youtube;-V6dSNlh0_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V6dSNlh0_k[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I wonder if there's a market for a wee independent cinema to do maybe a once a month evening adult "Saturday Morning Picture Show"? (Not with adult films before anyone says - but with old shows and serials). The Victoria in Dundee used to do an annual Rocky Horror night and regularly do late night horror triple bills which were good. Halloween was always a blast as the shows were timed to the pubs emptying and everyone used to sneak in booze. That's where I saw The Exorcist for the first time.

Though I suppose it may just attract a few middle aged blokes with nothing else to do...:(

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm surprised the Welsh continent hasn't mentioned Star Maidens with Gareth Thomas right before he did Children of the Stones.

[video=youtube;4jUPhF0ENjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jUPhF0ENjA[/video]

All available on YouTube.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
We do our own 'cinema' nights at home, ridiculously large TV, pop corn machine and big paper cups of coca cola (topped off with John Daniels or Bacardi) :)

Can't get the wife to wear an usherette outfit though :(

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Children of the Stones - that was creepy then, probably still would be.

The tomorrow people - Nah, wouldn't rewatch it.

How about Blakes 7?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Used to know a chap with a mini cinema in his house, wee projector, curtains, rows of seats (12) (still bigger than Boat of Gartens mini cinema in the 70's:)) and he did the whole juice, hotdogs and popcorn thing too. Was good fun.

Was also a member of the "Flea-pit Cinema Club" when I lived in Glasgow, used to show films in pub back rooms and clubs. Many classics were seen, a particularly fine night was in King Tut's Wah-Wah hut where they kept the bar open and showed Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D. Wearing the old green and red glasses whilst getting sloshed and eating popcorn. Good night.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE