The Survivalist - in cinemas 12th Feb 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
new movie being released in the UK in 2016 from a relatively unknown irish director with a relatively unknown cast. The story is set in a world shortly after the global oil supply has run out and the global population has followed suit.

"In a time of starvation, a survivalist lives off a small plot of land hidden deep in forest. When two women seeking food and shelter discover his farm, he finds his existence threatened."

the trailer below makes it look more like a tense thriller than anything else but i'll still be keen to watch it!

**trailer could be deemed unsuitable for younger or sensetive viewers**

[video=youtube;aH66dngiW0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH66dngiW0Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I hope he learns quick to use the back of his knife for striking sparks rather than the cutting edge :D Looks ok, rather dark though...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I saw the trailer last week and considered posting a link but the subject isn't particularly family friendly, but I suppose no worse than Game of Thrones or some of the ones we usually see here. :)

So, be warned, don't have the kids or colleagues looking over your shoulder.

And yes, it looks interesting.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
I saw the trailer last week and considered posting a link but the subject isn't particularly family friendly, but I suppose no worse than Game of Thrones or some of the ones we usually see here. :)

So, be warned, don't have the kids or colleagues looking over your shoulder.

And yes, it looks interesting.

Yeh good point. I've added a warning to my initial post!

I watched it at work but you could consider it NSFW in places.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
yeh looks like one to stream and watch from the comfort of my own sofa :D

I might watch it this weekend if i get time but i think im out fri sat and sun night - rock and roll!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just watched Mark Kermode Review this film on Radio 5 Live , he rated it and apparently its up for a BAFTA nomination although he did say it was gritty and bleak. ( I'm thinking British verison of "The Road." )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE