The Survival Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i have a number of mini kits, of various levels. i have never lost a ruck sack either. but i have gotten to a campsite and realised that my lighter doesn't work the matches are wet, but ok, i have a spare spare here!

i prefer to bomproof my mini kits in a small otterbox rather than a tobacco tin or altoids tin.

the miniest of mini kits i carry in my jeans every day at work, on the hill or where-ever. it's based round a match safe. based on the few components from the mini kit that have been the most needed at the oddest time.

plasters, sewing kit, scalpel blade and small safety pins. on a couple of occassions one of the nice girls in the office has popped a button on her skirt, and it's suprising what she'll do for acouple of safety pins :shock: :-D

didn't have to buy a coffee all week.

cheers, and.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I'm always amused when new people come to our site and feel they have to acquire all this stuff RIGHT NOW. My collection of gear is by no means complete, state of the art in all categories or even near what some of the folks have asssembled. I believe the person who pockets a box of quality matches, a $9 Mora and a decent survival guide is light years ahead of 99% of the people walking the trails. They now have a mindset that will probably insure most of this stuff will never be used. A popular game that has appeared on a few sites is The $50 refitt ( substitute appropriate currencies or amount to reflect local realities.) In this game you just lost everything. Your at a country store with reasonable, inexpensive substitutes. Now buy a basic kit to see you through a weekend in the bush/woods.

mercury

Forager
Jan 27, 2004
East Yorkshire England
I was only reading my giant LW SAS survival book last night

I have a baccy tin kit and a larger S10 respirator ditch kit grab bag

The baccy tin needs revising as at the last look it had

Tidgy knife
Puritabs
Sugar
Beef stock drink
tin foil
Lifeboat matches

Like I said it needs revising

Grab bag usually contains

Boil in the bag meals
Puritabs
First aid kit
Field towel
Foil dish
Spoon
Paracord

additions needed are a plastic sheet , knife etc

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have had this kit for a number of years and it goes nearly everywere with me it consists of:
Puritabs, cotton wool, hair net, 3 petrol bulbs, potasium permanginate, life boat matches x5, scalpel blades x5, safety pins, strong sewing thread and needles, razor blades x2, cabel ties x2, hexi blocks x2, wet fire tinder x2, oxo cubes x2, pain killers x2, rennie x3, dextrosol x4, stanley knife blades x2, fishing hooks x16, fishing line, split shot, plasters x5, magnesium block with flint and of course a condom.
And it all fits in a 50g tobacco tin.
images.php

I also carry another similar tin with some more fire starting bits in:
Maya sticks, wet fire tinder, cotton wool and a fire steel.
images.php

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I haven't seen pertol bulbs in years ... where did you get them from?
Great looking kit!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have never tried it but, it is supposed to be very good for catching birds in trees.
I would have rather packed my shotgun, but wouldnt go in the tin. :AR15firin

As far as the petrol bulbs go, Ive had them for years :)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
So Adi's not only gonna be in the doghoue for making charcloth from Kaths best linnen tablecloth... He's gonna be stealing bits of her lingerie too !! :rolmao: What a guy !! :super:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE