'The Outdoors Show' Meet 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Sorry guys, going to have to pull out of this one again :(

The only consolation this time is that it clashes with an open canoe, camping trip I'm doing down the river Wye.

One of these days I'll get back over to see you all again.

Addo
Andy2112
Aragorn
Beamdune
Bodge
Cliv
decorum
dr jones (roly)
drewdunnrespect
Davey569
Dookie
Elines
Firecrest
Hedgerow pete and his missus ans son,
Hogstable
Humpback
Jimbo and little bro.
JoyR
MartinK9
mclark
Mesquite
naboo_the_enigma
Nolightweight
Preper +1
Sasquatch
Steve M
John Fenna
Muddy Boots
Twodogs
Whittler Kev (provisional do to health)
Woodstock
WolfCrafter

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
providing theres any trees left to hang from, count me in :)

Addo
Andy2112
Aragorn
Beamdune
Bodge
Cliv
decorum
dr jones (roly)
drewdunnrespect
Davey569
Dookie
Elines
Firecrest
Hogstable
Humpback
Jimbo and little bro.
JoyR
MartinK9
mclark
Mesquite
naboo_the_enigma
Nolightweight
Preper +1
Sasquatch
Steve M
John Fenna
Muddy Boots
Twodogs
woodspirits
Woodstock
WolfCrafter

Last edited:

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
I don't drive so I'd be on the train - is the site easy to get to? Any idea how far from the nearest stop?

Addo
Andy2112
Aragorn
Beamdune
Bodge
Cliv
decorum
dr jones (roly)
drewdunnrespect
Davey569
Dookie
Elines
Firecrest
Hogstable
Humpback
Indoorsout
Jimbo and little bro.
John Fenna
JoyR
MartinK9
mclark
Mesquite
Muddy Boots
naboo_the_enigma
Nolightweight
Preper +1
Sasquatch
Steve M
Twodogs
woodspirits
Woodstock
WolfCrafter

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I don't drive so I'd be on the train - is the site easy to get to? Any idea how far from the nearest stop?

The nearest station is Tile Hill. The road and the road/footpath route are both less than two miles - the road walk is the slightly longer of the two.

Edit: distances were measured from the station to our pitch.

Last edited:

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Excellent, only a tenner for the train :) and I should be able to pack everything so's I can bring the bike. If not, it ain't that far to walk either. Anyone want to do some woodspirit whittling while we're there?

Just a quick note to any interested members, i have a New Blogspot.. http://wolfcrafter.blogspot.com/

It has pics and posts about the last 2 Rough Close meet Jan 2010, plus the Rough Close meet sept 2009! .. I know its mainly about my set-up and Jimbo's.. (sorry, will try to get around with the camera more often this March meet!) but I thought it would give an insight to new comers (and old) about things that go on''

Happy Blog reading.. some cool links included.. and any comments on the new 'Fire Crane' Grill Cooking system much appreciated!

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I am hoping to make it too. So please add me to the list, It will be work dependant but I should have it free. I will be in a tent so Hedgerow you won't be alone :) as a non tree swinger. I still need to try them out on solid ground as I have only used them in the past with crab-air :)

I will be bring a few things along with me, maybe some old kit I no longer use and I will remember the light-sticks this time. I have some other stuff too :)

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
I would like to come, first time on anything like this and trying to talk a camping mate in to going too. I only have a tent though, is there enough room/reasonably flat areas to pitch a 3 man?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I am hoping to make it too. So please add me to the list, It will be work dependant but I should have it free. I will be in a tent so Hedgerow you won't be alone :) as a non tree swinger. I still need to try them out on solid ground as I have only used them in the past with crab-air :)

I will be bring a few things along with me, maybe some old kit I no longer use and I will remember the light-sticks this time. I have some other stuff too :)

Both yourself and Jakata duly inserted alphabetically and I bet you didn't feel a thing
:D
I would like to come, first time on anything like this and trying to talk a camping mate in to going too. I only have a tent though, is there enough room/reasonably flat areas to pitch a 3 man?

There's usually plenty of spots for us ground dwellers :)

Addo
Andy2112
Aragorn
Beamdune
Bodge
Cliv
decorum
dr jones (roly)
drewdunnrespect
Davey569
Dookie
Elines
Firecrest
Hogstable
Humpback
Indoorsout
Jakata
Jimbo and little bro.
John Fenna
JoyR
MartinK9
mclark
Mesquite
Muddy Boots
naboo_the_enigma
Nolightweight
Preper +1
Sasquatch
Steve M
TinkyPete + possible 1 TBC
Twodogs
woodspirits
Woodstock
WolfCrafter

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I should also be able to get my hands on some Wiltshire Flint. I have some which is small but good enough for fire strikers anyone interested? I may be able to get some bigger stuff (keeping my eyes peeled). I have tested some out and it gives a good spark :)

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I should also be able to get my hands on some Wiltshire Flint. I have some which is small but good enough for fire strikers anyone interested? I may be able to get some bigger stuff (keeping my eyes peeled). I have tested some out and it gives a good spark :)
Loads of people looking for it from the threads. I bet you wont' be short of takers (including me):rolleyes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

You bring along some good flint and we will have a good time trading...I am always after good flint!

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
I'm a ground dweller too :) I wouldn't know what to do with a hammock!

For the whittling you really need a nice small thin blade, the small one on a SAK is not bad if it's good and sharp. Not that I need to tell you guys about sharp knives :p

Is it ok for me to bring a few items for sale or trade

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... Is it ok for me to bring a few items for sale or trade

It's fine by me :cool: .

I should have thought to put this 'Sales/trades proviso' bit in from the start - my bad :eek:

For those making sales and/or trades.

Any trades or sales are to be conducted in line with the relevant BcUK guidelines - expanded to include Rough Close campsite and myself (when I'm not party to the sale and/or trade) .
I don't think that it's likely to happen but ... - No hard selling or pester power from either side of deals.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... is there a space for one and a tent on this camp

Added - (if you haven't already) have a read through post #1 for info.

Meet list:

Addo
Andy2112
Aragorn
Beamdune
Bodge
Cliv
decorum
dr jones
drewdunnrespect
Davey569
Dookie
Elines
Firecrest
Hedgerow pete
Hogstable
Humpback
Indoorsout
Jakata
Jimbo
John Fenna
JoyR
MartinK9
mclark
Mesquite
Muddy Boots
naboo_the_enigma
Nolightweight
peasantchurl
Preper
Rychard
Sasquatch
Steve M
TinkyPete TBC
Twodogs
Whittler Kev TBC
woodspirits
WolfCrafter

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE