'The Outdoors Show' Meet 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Geeze Decorum, best get there early ay!! Lots of Bush People for this one!.. Should be room for all though!.. If were that close together and it's a cold March, perhaps we'll all keep eachother warm!!.. I feel some spooning Might have to take place on Jimbo!!! :) .. Found him useful when you only have a 3 season bag!!...

What's your max Numbers Decorum?.. Need to know how much Flint I'll have to bring for trading!.. Don't want a mad rush for the best bits!!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Geeze Decorum, best get there early ay!! Lots of Bush People for this one!..

There's a few - but we've had more on the pitch :cool: .

... What's your max Numbers ... ?.. Need to know how much Flint I'll have to bring for trading!..

I haven't, as such, got a max number - I'll talk to the site about a numbers limit if the list hits 50 (including extras).
On average, between two thirds and three quarters of those who stick their names down to come along actually make it to a Meet - real life gets in the way. For the 2009 outdoor show I had an agreement with the site that the total number would be capped at 100 and I'd booked the adjacent field for a 'just in case' over flow - I haven't done this for this years show Meet. In the end 60 names (including extras) were on the Meet list with an attendance of 34.

The info above might not help - but it should give a rough guide.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
There was a sleet/hail mix and half decent frosts at the outdoors '09 Meet :cool: Just send him down to the naughty corner - they'll sort him :canoe: :vio: (I know, it should have been a banjo! :D)

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
Added - (if you haven't already) have a read through post #1 for info.

Meet list:

Addo
Andy2112
Aragorn
Beamdune
Bodge
Cliv
decorum
dr jones
drewdunnrespect
Davey569
Dookie
Elines
Firecrest
Hedgerow pete
Hogstable
Humpback
Indoorsout
Jakata
Jimbo
John Fenna
JoyR
MartinK9
mclark
Mesquite
Muddy Boots
naboo_the_enigma
Nige7Whit
Nolightweight
peasantchurl
Preper
Rychard
Sasquatch
Steve M
TinkyPete TBC
Twodogs
Whittler Kev TBC
woodspirits
WolfCrafter

I would like to attend this one, I hope my lif permits the time...

As a side note.., 20-21 Feb, is the Shugborough Game Fair, at Lichfield, Staffordshire.

http://shugborough.cmhosts.net/events-66

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
There was a sleet/hail mix and half decent frosts at the outdoors '09 Meet :cool: Just send him down to the naughty corner - they'll sort him :canoe: :vio: (I know, it should have been a banjo! :D)

LMAO.... so that's why Andy had an ice bath in his tarp is it? Things must have got real hot down there :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
SimonM's post over on the Brass Monkeys' Meet ...
Also a fire pit had been turned out at the edge of the field

... has reminded me of a natter I've had with some of the RC site management team.

In the past year there has been a lot of ditch work been done on site.
Unfortunately there have been cases recently, where site users have dumped the dregs of their fires into the ditches. In one particular area it's plain to see that people have noticed that others have done it and have followed suit and have lobbed in part burned logs into ditches :( .
The site is asking us, as a group of regular and trusted site users, to keep an eye out and to let them know (through myself) if we find anything amiss - they're not asking us to shift it, just to let them know.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
As with the ‘Midlands Outdoors Show Meet March 2009’ ... date for the weekend as 26 - 28 March 2010 - I'll look into whether we can have the extra day again too

I know that I've mentioned this at Meets - The Meet will run from 16.00 hrs Thursday 25 March.

... At present the price (per person per night) is £4. The price might increase in the new year, I'll let you know.

The price has increased by 40 pence. The price is now £4.40 per person per night.

Important notice!

A lot of the time I'm breaking £20 notes to give change - If you base this on a two night Meet with 15 needing change it means that I'll need to bring £18 in small change and have 15 £10 notes - a grand total of £168.

During the January Meet a few people suggested a way around this problem. That the difference between the fees due and the money given to me be considered a donation to Rough Close to help with site maintenance etc and from this Meet onwards this is what I'm going to do. I'll edit this info into the OP.

Once again, there's no compunction to go to the show. If you'd like to come along to the Meet and just chill all weekend that's absolutely fine....

Sticking yourself on the list isn't committing yourself to coming along - but if you can no longer come along it'd be appreciated if you say so.

Just reiterating :cool: .

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

As above - just to reiterate. There are a fair chunk of first timers and this is a rule which needs careful adherance by all.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Meet list:

Addo
Andy2112
Aragorn
Beamdune
Bodge
Cliv
decorum
dr jones
drewdunnrespect
Davey569
Dookie
Elines
Firecrest
Hedgerow pete
Hogstable
Humpback
Indoorsout
Jakata
Jimbo
John Fenna
JoyR
MartinK9
mclark
Mesquite
Muddy Boots
naboo_the_enigma
Nige7Whit
Nolightweight
peasantchurl
Preper
Rychard
Sasquatch
Steve M
Stooboy
TinkyPete TBC
Twodogs
Whittler Kev TBC
woodspirits
WolfCrafter

I wouldnt mind arriving the thursday evening and going to the show on the Friday hopefully it will be quiter the first day with the main peeps going at the weekend. anyone else arriving thursday?

Stoo.

Hope Wolfcrafter freeze's his bloody **** off again! Serve's him right for not buying a decent sleeping bag (the tight git). Any spooner's come near me and they'll end up in the camp soup!:D

Mine is top of the line Jimbo, as is all my kit.. Git!.. Just happens that my 3 season.. is a.. 3 season.. 3 doesn't include cold January's!..

If anyone 'IS' thinking of Hammocking, Sleeping bags 'DO' compress inside hammocks! (giving feathers no room to breath!) .. and Thermarests 'DO' slip out from under you, ending up at your side! (I'm rectifying this by constructing an UnderQuilt and attaching Velcro to my Thermarest!).. If that doesn't work.. .. I'm back to ground dwelling!

(Hopefully wont have to join Dookie in the carpark to warm up at 3 in the morning this time!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE