The old Britishblades forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Hi All

Anyone remember the britishblades forum? It suddenly disappeared from Internet, and maybe it is shut down now?
My questions is, are there new sites replacing the old britishblades form? Or nothing has emerged since?
Where are the old members of the forum hang about these days? Any one?

Thanks

Reactions: wickerman

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
As Tony says, most of the members of BB are now on EdgeMatters. It’s so sad BB literally disappeared overnight,, it was a great resource.

Reactions: PoppyD

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Never did hear what happened to Martyn, I understood he was ill and so, understandably, it ceased to be important to him. Hope it turned out ok for him. Sad that he wasn't able to hand the reins over, as you say there was a lot of amazing stuff on there.

Reactions: santaman2000

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Martyn really was very ill. I think the last thing he could handle was any more stress. Forums need tending, they need active Admin.
By the time the photo bucket debacle had ended though the threads were shattered and the forum had died.

A lot of the folks didn't get involved with edged tools forums again. BB was as much about the conversation as it was about the knives.
Many of the mods formed a very much laid back forum, ROF, but some familiar faces are on here too. Some folks became more active on places like Song of the Paddle, or some of the prepper sites. I'm told that a fair number gravitated towards the N. American sites too.
A lot of folks use Facebook, etc., too. Especially folks that only use their phones.

M

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
As Tony says, most of the members of BB are now on EdgeMatters. It’s so sad BB literally disappeared overnight,, it was a great resource.

Many aren’t. Especially British makers who felt EM had caused a great deal of damage to the knife scene here. It’s a great shame BB disappeared, but with nobody truly at the helm, and the Photobucket ransom causing such thread breakage, it was inevitable.

It‘s somewhat telling that none of us actually know what happened to Martyn, not even his admin or moderators. I don’t think any of us have tried to contact him after he let the forum slide slowly into oblivion. It wasn’t overnight at all, it was over a period of years.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Many aren’t. Especially British makers who felt EM had caused a great deal of damage to the knife scene here. It’s a great shame BB disappeared, but with nobody truly at the helm, and the Photobucket ransom causing such thread breakage, it was inevitable.

It‘s somewhat telling that none of us actually know what happened to Martyn, not even his admin or moderators. I don’t think any of us have tried to contact him after he let the forum slide slowly into oblivion. It wasn’t overnight at all, it was over a period of years.

I missed that EM fiasco. I have been AWOL for a few years. Good to see you still on the scene though.

Reactions: PoppyD and Nice65

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Going through my old kit the other day I found a few of the old logo patches and limited edition Spydercos I’d forgotten I had.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Going through my old kit the other day I found a few of the old logo patches and limited edition Spydercos I’d forgotten I had.

Was it you who hosted the most massive sale of Spydercos ever seen? I mean massive, hundreds of them, to fund an eye op?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I did sell a lot. I’m down to about 25 now :lmao: Although, that went up by one this week. That’s it now. No more.

Not for an eye op though. That must have been someone else

Last edited:

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
Found some photos from one of the London meets the other day. Also went up to Sheffield to meet a few of them at Portland Works.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE