The most important bushcrafting book ever

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
You may laugh, but its a fantastic book.... very practical and funny to boot. It answers all those questions that students are too shy to ask ;)

:D
Ed

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
No, barring all jokes, that is a great book. I've flipped through it in outdoor stores on numerous locations. The sad truth is, few people know the joy of doing the deed in the outdoors. :D (Minus the mosquito bites) I've been on hikes in my younger days, and I'll always remember a cadet hike I did once when one of our Warrent Officers didn't sh*t for three whole days, because he didn't know how to "sh*t in the woods." Sad? Yes, yes it is.

I've also been on much longer trips, and seen fellow climbers do the most idiotic thing possible: Getting their t.p. wet. I've always carried mine properly closed up in a zip-loc bag, and I still laugh when I think of the poor, untrained simpletons on these trips with wet toilet paper.

heheheh :lmao:

Good book, that's for sure!

Adam

PS: Oh my gawd....this is my 300th post, and what a thread to have that post on! :offtopic:

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
The whole issue hinges on whether or not you can "squat." For a friend, who spent 18 years in Afghanistan, it was a serious issue indeed. He had to carry two rocks in his pockets, to place under his heels, because he just could not squat.

A number of years ago, while involved in living history, I did an article on period correct sh%tting. For some reason, it got rave reviews.

One of my favorite quotes on the subject is from the Boy Scout manual, which advises you to wipe with a "leaf or vine." I've used a good many leaves, over the years, but the picture my mind conjures up of using a vine :lmao:

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE