The marmite knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
SOLD!!!!!
You'll either love it or hate it :)

3mm 01 tool steel
3" blade, 7.5" overall length
Scandi Grind
Camphor Burl handle with white liners and brass pins and lanyard tube

Sheath is a dangler style in 3mm veg tanned leather
Light brown dye finished with mink oil and carnauba wax

This knife was designed with the carver in mind, it's appearance may be a little unusual but it was designed for purpose and performs extremely well, giving exceptional control of the tip for fine work.

Thanks for looking.
Mark. :)

IMG]http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/markhill1608/P1000635.jpg[/IMG]

P1000634.jpg

P1000636.jpg

P1000638.jpg

P1000637.jpg

P1000640.jpg

P1000641.jpg

P1000644.jpg

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I took delivery of one of Mark's knives yesterday :D :D
It's a beauty ....review to come, himself's been on Arran all day, and one handed camera work's not good....this one looks like it's out of the same stable though mine was sized for me :cool:

Fit and finish are truly excellent, and the sheath is just the icing on the cake with the set :D

Best of luck with the sale Mark :)

cheers,
Toddy

gypsy slings

Forager
Sep 2, 2011
yorkshir
that knife is even prittyer in the flesh .i went along with blackfeather yesterday to his home and he has some impressive tackel .i had to bye a littel scandy blade he made .the all a credit to you pal see you soon

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Love it Mark until I get to the end of the blade.
That Captain Pugwash cutlass shape doesn't do it for me.
Your other knives I like muchly.
Cheers , Simon

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers Simon :)

That would be called a turkish clip ;)
It actually has a purpose, well it actually has 3 purposes. With it being a wood working knife, the first dip from the handle is somewhere to rest your thumb for tip control, it is also a pivot point for pulling the blade around for removing small slivers of wood.( hold the workpiece in your left hand with your left thumb on that part of the blade and pull the knife around it. Its very handy for doing the outside of the bowl on a spoon for example) It also acts as both a scraper for curved surfaces and removes bark very well. The dip near the tip is for very fine tip control with the left hand. So while i concede it is a little unusual in appearence, it is a case of function over form. :)

Love it Mark until I get to the end of the blade.
That Captain Pugwash cutlass shape doesn't do it for me.
Your other knives I like muchly.
Cheers , Simon

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE