The Journey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Ok, I’m not even going to attempt going into as much detail as I usually do when narrating my threads because I am on my wife’s laptop which is COMPLETELY customized to her and I am getting annoyed at trying to do certain things I usually do on my pc. I am also not even going to attempt to upload all of the photos I have taken. Given the current computer situation and my current location I shouldn’t complain so therefore I won’t.

It has been an interesting journey…one that went over mountains…

IMG_3365.jpg

And across large rivers…

IMG_3376.jpg

To accommodations better than I could have asked for in a cabin in the woods

IMG_3392.jpg

With a great walking path through a beautiful forest

IMG_3405.jpg

Here are some pictures of fauna and flora from a completely different area than the one I live in. The forest here is beautiful, albeit somewhat alien to me. These are some of the largest trees I have ever seen, they are very old Cottonwoods.
IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

There is lots horse hoof fungus here

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

This little guy is a Red Fox Squirrel; he looked to be just over two feet long from his nose to the tip of his tail.
IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg

I’ve seen several other squirrels over the last few days

IMG_3420-1.jpg

There are a lot of thorny plants here; these are Honey Locust…
IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

Not sure yet what these are.
IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

I have found lots of wild flowers.

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

And quite a few Mulberry Trees too

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

Not yet sure what these are

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

I’ve come across several deer but didn’t always have the camera ready…as you can tell by this picture.

doemodified-1.jpg

I’ll post more pictures from and the story of this journey later, I hope you enjoyed the beginning.

Nope, no banjos...thankfully. Out at the cabin there are no sounds but natures sounds; owls, coyotes, and lots of birds. I'm told there are panthers around but haven't seen or heard any.

Glad you like the pics, there are several more but I need to download a better photo editor so cropping will be easier. Here are just a couple from yesterday.

A quail,
Quail-2.jpg

A Black snake.
Swedespetsnake.jpg

and yesterdays sunset
Sunset.jpg

Traper

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Poland
Sorry for going off-topic but I have to ask. How is this BK-9 doing? Which one do You prefer- BK-7 or BK-9 ?

I use 4 inch or smaller blades like most guys here but I can not lie to myself- I like those big blades :D

Sorry for going off-topic but I have to ask. How is this BK-9 doing? Which one do You prefer- BK-7 or BK-9 ?

I use 4 inch or smaller blades like most guys here but I can not lie to myself- I like those big blades :D

The BK-9 is a good chopper but I like the 7 for working with, I like the tip on it better for a lot of things I do.

I have to do this quickly so there are few words just recent pictures and some from the storms yesterday and today
A lunch time ride with friends Swede and Eric, Here’s Swede

The&

Swede and the Kevin in the distance

SwedeKevin.jpg

There are lots of plants here I don’t see at home…
IMG_3654modified.jpg

IMG_3772modified.jpg

IMG_3786modified.jpg

And lots of deer

IMG_3711modified.jpg

This is from earlier yesterday before the storm

CloudsinthedistanceT.jpg

And these are from after…

IMG_3727modified.jpg

IMG_3728modified.jpg

IMG_3736modified.jpg

IMG_3733modified.jpg

And here are some shots from the storm today.I have some video that’s pretty good but takes to long to upload for me to do it without a power sourse, I’ll try to upload it tomorrow

IMG_3822modified.jpg

IMG_3824modified.jpg

IMG_3825modified.jpg

IMG_3835modified.jpg

IMG_3845modified.jpg

IMG_3836modified.jpg

Just a few quick pics while I have internet and power at the same time. Sorry, no field, craft or bushcraft type stuff yet. This has been a working trip and the only day off I’ve had in the last ten days really wasn’t like having a day off. Hopefully before I leave the area I’ll get to go out and do something interesting in that aspect.

A red headed woodpecker and his home…

RedHeadedWoodpecker.jpg

Homeinthetrees.jpg

A Buzzard riding a thermal

IMG_3810modified.jpg

Another snake

IMG_3752modified.jpg

IMG_3754modified.jpg

And some more pics of plants…

IMG_3767modifiedmodified.jpg

IMG_3665modifiedmodified.jpg

IMG_3652modified.jpg

NowTHATsaDandilion.jpg

Here are a few more pics from a short walk I went on this morning before starting work, more flora and fauna.

A couple of squirrels…

IMG_3863modified.jpg

IMG_3875modified.jpg

Some Raccoon tracks…

IMG_3885modified.jpg

IMG_3886modified.jpg

Some Coyote tracks

IMG_3861modified.jpg

IMG_3860modified.jpg

Some Coyote scat, looks like the last dinner might have been rabbit

IMG_3880modified.jpg

I’m assuming this is a female Honey Locust…which means Swede was right that the males have the thorns.

IMG_3881modified.jpg

That makes this one a male with some rather large thorns. The blade on this knife is 6.25 inches long

IMG_3887modified.jpg

IMG_3888modified.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE