The Hobbit movie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Well I loved every minute of it :)

Well that sounds positive, I'll see it sometime in the coming weeks, I am quite prepared to be disappointed, I think it may be that watching all the future films together might make for a more rewarding experience, maybe not though, we'll see.

[video=youtube;NRUBe2RTq74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=NRUBe2RTq74[/video]

:)

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I was disappointed to learn that this story is going to be spread over 3 movies, there is sufficient material in the book to make one decent film at best, which was what I was really looking forward to. I understand that Mr Jackson has trawled the book's appendices to flesh out the tale (read: make more money from the franchised marketing for 3 movies rather than one) so I will probably wait until the whole lot is released on DVD before having a look. Lots of potential boredom methinks.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I was disappointed to learn that this story is going to be spread over 3 movies, there is sufficient material in the book to make one decent film at best, which was what I was really looking forward to. I understand that Mr Jackson has trawled the book's appendices to flesh out the tale (read: make more money from the franchised marketing for 3 movies rather than one) so I will probably wait until the whole lot is released on DVD before having a look. Lots of potential boredom methinks.

3 is it now? blimey. i thought it was only 2 and i thought that was a push already. still fancy seeing this, i think TallMike hit it on the head about viewing the movie as its own thing rather than comparing it to the books

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Saw it tonight and enjoyed it. I thought no way to make it into three but there was plenty in no 1 to make a decent film. I was a total Tolkien nut in my teens and read LOTR many times but I have a very short memory so I don't have that problem of being upset when things are changed. I didn't fork out for 3D.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens

There is no way anyone could squeeze the story of the hobbit into one film and do it justice. It could possibly be done in two but as a fan I like all the detail and backstory that padded this film out. It is an epic story that originally was written very simply for children. The book moves along at a lightning fast pace covering huge events in just a page or two. Some things are only hinted at, and the main protagonist is unconscious for the climactic battle! Having it told through three films may attract criticism from the cynics but it will certainly please the die hard fans. I didn't want it to end!

Sent from my phone.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes.

And we wont Distress Elen by telling her just how he was rescued.

(He wasnt a very good elf, so we arent too distressed...)

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Tengu, looking at your last post count (all those sixes), and the superstitious catholic in me really wants you to post something else quick :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE