The Hobbit movie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
I think the production is great, the cinematography good, and the effects amazing. It's just not The Hobbit! Spoiler alerts - Galadriel? Saruman? Sauron as the eye? Radaghast? The elf maid? Romance? The lake people's Lord? And where was the Goblin army? It's Orcs, Men, Elves, Goblins and Dwarves. Fun fantasy film with some nice ideas. yes. the Hobbit? I think not.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
It's just not an attention grabber. I've watched it a couple of times (just now being one) and it just doesn't hold my attention. No doubt it's a big production with a bug budget, etc!

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Ps for the Tolkien purists - I've conflated the Orc and Warg army as one under the name 'Orc' though there are some who insist the orcs are the goblins and the fifth army is the wolves, or the Eagles, or even Bjorn and the bears. You choose.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I think the production is great, the cinematography good, and the effects amazing. It's just not The Hobbit! Spoiler alerts - Galadriel? Saruman? Sauron as the eye? Radaghast? The elf maid? Romance? The lake people's Lord? And where was the Goblin army? It's Orcs, Men, Elves, Goblins and Dwarves. Fun fantasy film with some nice ideas. yes. the Hobbit? I think not.

...and we have been able to confirm once again why the Tolkien family are so ticked off with the whole thing.

K

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
It's just not an attention grabber. I've watched it a couple of times (just now being one) and it just doesn't hold my attention. No doubt it's a big production with a bug budget, etc!

I've fallen asleep twice trying to watch it... I'm not saying it was boring as such, but it was drawn out far too long in parts. Not the best trilogy made in recent years.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands

Well technically if you read the lotr there are other things in the time line consecutive with the hobbit. Gandalf does encourage the dwarves to attack the dragon, because he does not want sauron to gain the services of it. Saruman is trying to gain the ring for himself. The dark forces are rising and orcs are increasing, there are suspicions of the necromancer in the forest, and a white council. Gladriel does go on to attack him if I remember correctly. But radagast does not feature in the hobbit, the radagast is from lotr, the dwarves are not such wooses, the eagles do not feature if I remember correctly. With the way the dwarves act I wouldn't allow them out on there own, and ask them how the dwarf in lotr becomes so brave and brazen. I'd have been happier with one hobbit and 6 lotr!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You could save 2 hours and 10 mins of your life and not bother:D
(Don't listen to me though I'm.famously not a LOTR fan)

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
I love the hobbit - but I've decided I like the radio version done in 1968 by the BBC which was first broadcast the day after I was born! The music is great, the narration stellar and the cast absolutely cracking!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE