*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Remember folks it's good form to end your post with what's on offer

On offer by veryWildbill : ...a pair of 10x25 pocket binos, a magnesium block striker, a pocket mushroom guide plus a a keyring multi tool (Leatherman micra clone)

Biker

My draw knife from Biker while I was under a tree this w/e - just found it...great stuff!
Many thanks Biker!

y'welcome! Just don't try to shave your beard with it!

My LED cap torches arrived from Nagual on Saturday, they're great (as the Frosties Tiger says) Many thanks. I'd ask for dibs on the latest gift but I have enough binocs and firelighters right now, besides I don't have anything to hand to offer and I'm away for the rest of the week working, so i don't want to hold this thread up.

Some amazing gifts been posted. I love this forum.

Catch ya later folks.

Biker

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Im in the same position now too Biker, the gifts remain great, but my bits to trade pile is depleated, some one is going to get a great set of goodies!!

On offer by veryWildbill : ...a pair of 10x25 pocket binos, a magnesium block striker, a pocket mushroom guide plus a a keyring multi tool (Leatherman micra clone)

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Morning all

I'll take the offer from veryWildbill if I may and I'll offer another Swedish army trangia if I may as i know there was a lot of interest in the last one.

I have an extra plastic dish that fits over the outside of the set at the top to give an extra small dish and I'll throw in a Swedish issue small green folding cup for you to have a cuppa with.

It all comes in a bright red stash bag so you can find it easily in your pack.

Hope this is OK, PM to very Wildbill with address details.

Phill

Caleb

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2005
peterborough
Can i take the Swedish army trangia please

and for trade

A John Fenna 'Dragons' Breath" Kits. Basic Flint and Steel Fire Starter Kits

Great kit - But i am hopeless with flint and steel and always you back to a ferro stick

Last edited:

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Caleb, I'll take the "Dragons Breath" set if that's ok?

And I'll offer up a 3 nesting Billy can set and a Ka-Bar K2 folding knife :)

Edit: for spelling.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi TylerD

I'm gonna have to dive back in here and take this as i have been after a Ka Bar folder for a while. PM sent with my address details.

In return I am going to offer a field sharpening kit consisting of a 2 sided sharpening stone and mini leather strop for finishing your blade off. These were sold on here and it is great, but my wife has bought me another sharpening kit and I now use that one instead, so this one is now a spare, but there is nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Hi TylerD

I'm gonna have to dive back in here and take this as i have been after a Ka Bar folder for a while. PM sent with my address details.

In return I am going to offer a field sharpening kit consisting of a 2 sided sharpening stone nad mini leather strop for finishing your blade off.

Can I take the sharpening set then and find something to put up later this evening?

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Wow that was quick

Don't anybody stay still too long around here or you'll get traded as well

Pm me your address Beachlover and I will get them off to you ASAP

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Whoa! It went nuts again! This Thread rocks.... Some cool things I'd have snagged there again. Looks like I need to get a gift ready for emergency claim.....

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
OK thanks Wildthing, Will do.
In the meantime, let's see if this moves things on...
1Litre Source bottle ( I have several and they are great. The one in the pic is a bit grubby as I got it out of my daysack - you'll get another)
Nalgene hip flask with lid that is a shot glass and an outer cover that does nicely for wine - I know :)
A double egg carrier to keep your, erm, eggs safe and sound ;)

11102010564.jpg

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I'll take those please Beachlover.

And in return I'll offer a tatonka 500ml stainless steel bottle.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
They are yours Chris, although I can't fill them with wine and sloe gin like the last time you saw them ;)
Let me have your addy again by PM.
Kev

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE