*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
I've followed this thread pretty much since I arrived here, and have missed a few crackers by a hairs breadth in that time. I initially 'lost out' because I was worried that as a newcomer I had no 'surplus' to offer that would be a valid return offer for anything that I was after. Since that time I thought I'd learnt that its nothing to do with value as percieved by them out there, more the value to like minded souls that realise that we all need to think beyond whats available on the high street ... in other words, if you don't think its worth your effort then let it go to someone that does! ;) (By the way if I miss Tanks knife again I'll be gutted !)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Right as nothing has gone yet, i have another offer.

1 pair of nearly new (only worn once, as they are a little tight) woodland dp combats with waist and leg ties still in place
size 31" inside leg - 33" waist (thats why their a bit tight, they were sold to me as a 34 waist)

tn_95trs__55779_std.jpg

Tom

On offer from T1Viper.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I completely agree Tel, it's not up to anyone else to decide the "value" of anything on this thread and i think it's insulting to suggest policing the thread to be honest and believe that this would only lead to an elitist mentality!

one of the reasons that this thread is so popular and has been going strong for as long as it has is the fact that there are no heirs or graces, the fact that one person offers a knife and someone else offers a head torch in return doesn't matter. As has already been stated the NEED is what governs the value i.e if were dark i wouldn't NEED a knife but a head lamp would come in bloody handy

I'll get off my soap box now but i think we all need to stop second guessing other peoples contributions, if you don't want or need it then leave it but lets stop talking about worth as it makes us all seem like money grubbing collectors and gets away from the spirit of the thread

Dave

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i see what has been said about items of the same value idea, buuuuuuut, as before some people can offer more than others....

i could really do with some antler for blade handles etc, i would not be able to buy it, as always funds are short...lol.... what i can offer though is a blade that has been lovingly made, cared for as if it where my own, and made to the best of my ability (but we wont talk about that now:))......

the stove was a bonus and all in all probably £ for £ worth about the same, but its not about price, its about what you need what you "want" to offer in return, who will take it depends on who "needs" the item.......

this is a great thread and has free rain, lets not spoil it because of politics.....

regards to all....

chris.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Aye - the thread started with a folding trowel so how can offering another one up be frowned upon. The value of the items ebbs and flows like a tide but the folding trowel remains the benchmark.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Not 1 but 3 things to choose from - generous offer dude

Right as nothing has gone yet, i have another offer.

1 pair of nearly new (only worn once, as they are a little tight) woodland dp combats with waist and leg ties still in place
size 31" inside leg - 33" waist (thats why their a bit tight, they were sold to me as a 34 waist)

tn_95trs__55779_std.jpg

OR a Uniross x-press mini battery charger. Charges 1 or 2 AA/AAA.

OR a folding trowel On Offer
folded size 5" long and 2.5" wide

unfolded size is 9" long

Tom

brumstar123

Forager
Dec 17, 2009
new forest
Sorry read the wrong page on reply. No needzfor a fokdi g trowel. Use a stick with a chisel cut to dig my holes!! I have a half eaten mendell mint cake if anyoene wants it!! Ha!!

mobile bcuk through tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE