*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
...and I'll offer a drawstring rucksack like this...

Mk2DSR_flat.jpg

Mk2DSR_stuffed.jpg

Opinel received - Thanks and Bump on whats on offer.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Unbelievable saw arrived today, look forward to finding out just how unbelievable it is. Burner and hobo stove will be posted out tomorrow. I'll bung some other bits and bobs in too to fill up the gaps in the parcel.

misspelt and poorly punctuated for your enjoyment. its not my fault my thumbs are the size of a frenchmans nose. Tapatalk

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Didn't abominable scouse monster shout for the stove a post or 2 back?

misspelt and poorly punctuated for your enjoyment. its not my fault my thumbs are the size of a frenchmans nose. Tapatalk

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Let me see if i can find something out to trade and i might take the stove off your hands :) sure i can modify a hexi stove skeleton to sit the meths stove in, what's the diameter/height of the stove if i may ask?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Didn't abominable scouse monster shout for the stove a post or 2 back?

He said he might be interested which isn't 'yes', and isn't 'no'. He didn't offer anything either, so it's still there.

This is the actual stove this morning...

HigearSto1.jpg

It's 3" high & 5½" dia. The windshield is my addition. The burner is slightly narrower, but deeper, than a Trangia burner.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Prior to buying a proper Trangia, I bought it so Mrs Bilmo could brew-up at camp if I wasn't there. Since she fireballed my 111, no amount of explanation & practical demonstration could convince here to use pressure stoves.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... Since she fireballed my 111, no amount of explanation & practical demonstration could convince here to use pressure stoves.

The wife's computer tells jokes when you log on. I don't normally take much notice, but here, almost unbelievably, is yesterday's 'fortune cookie':

A new 'chutist had just jumped from the plane at 10,000 feet, and soon discovered that all his lines were hopelessly tangled.

At about 5,000 feet, still struggling, he noticed someone coming up from the ground at about the same speed as he was going towards the ground.

As they passed each other at 3,000 feet, the 'chutist yells, "HEY! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PARACHUTES?"

The reply came, fading towards the end, "NO! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COLEMAN STOVES?"

:rofl:

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
Tarp arrived today, looks brilliant, cheers Ian :)
On Offer from Bilmo:
He said he might be interested which isn't 'yes', and isn't 'no'. He didn't offer anything either, so it's still there.

This is the actual stove this morning...

HigearSto1.jpg

It's 3" high & 5½" dia. The windshield is my addition. The burner is slightly narrower, but deeper, than a Trangia burner.
or 5 sachets of orange drink

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Okey, dokey blokies, i'll take this.

On ofer from me is a Windproof shirt in size medium, it fits me and my chest is about a 42".

It's made by Cutter and Buck, which is a well known American brand and is a sort of lime green.

Great windproof, it just doesn't get used.

Pics to follow if anyone shows an interest.

PM to Bilmo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE