*The* Gift-It-On Thread

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Friday morning bump, (sorry for the mix up there marooned)

Hmmm you could be right mrcairney that no one wants it. Got any spare kit kicking about? Like a taxed and MOT'ed Landrover or an unused Lear jet perhaps? People here can be pretty fussy about what the free gift is. :lmao:

Currently on offer from mrcairney

Something to add to your first aid kit:

2 10cm x 10cm sterile non-adherant dressings
4 Alcotip swabs
2 Anticeptic wipes
a length of 2.5cm width cohesive bandage and a length of 2.5cm width micropore tape wrapped on a plastic strip
2 pairs of nitrile gloves (in purple)

In 2 grip-lock bags.

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Friday afternoon bumpety bump...

Currently on offer from mrcairney

4 Alcotip swabs
2 Anticeptic wipes
a length of 2.5cm width cohesive bandage and a length of 2.5cm width micropore tape wrapped on a plastic strip

In 2 grip-lock bags.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
Bio fuel filter arrived today thanks!

On offer from me:

4 Alcotip swabs
2 Anticeptic wipes

In 2 grip-lock bags. I'll also add the souls of my three cats.

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
Weekend bump!

4 Alcotip swabs
2 Anticeptic wipes

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Sunday Bump!

Bio fuel filter arrived today thanks!

On offer from me:

4 Alcotip swabs
2 Anticeptic wipes

gordonmac

Nomad
Oct 15, 2009
Caithness, Scotland
gordonmac.com
I've been looking for a little EDC first aid kit and this sounds perfect.

I'll try to get this thing going again by offering up an Evernew Titanium Trivet. (Fits Trangia)

(http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product500.asp)

Info from Backpackinglight:

To give you even more options when using the Evernew Meths Burner, they have now sent us the Trivet or Pot Stand.

This allows you to lift to pot 12mm off the top row of burners, thus releasing the second set of jet holes, and increase the cooking speed of the burner.

It also will fit on top of the DX Stand, and can be used with the Meths burner, or with the wood burner.

The three items provide a whole variety of options suitable for most conditions. Therefore, you might choose to just use a simple windscreen rather than the Evernew DX stand, to protect it from the wind.

It unclips and stores flat and its inside any pot.

Options? Almost too confusing.

1) You can use the Meths Burner as a stand alone item and place the pot on it, thus reducing the jet holes.

2) In conjunction with the DX Stand, you have the pot raised to the optimum height for maximum heat, plus it doubles as a wood burner.

3) However, with the Trivet you can just use the Meths Burner and a simple windshield will suffice. Ideal if you don't need the wood burner option of the DX Stand.

4) The Trivet will also fit on top of the DX Stand. This has the effect of narrowing the flame for slimmer pots, such as the Solo Set.

What difference does it make?

Test conditions. Mild summers day, slight breeze. lightweight windshield, 300ml of cold water in same pot throughout.

a) Evernew Burner. No Trivet, lit, waited till bloom, pot placed on top, rolling boil at 9:50 mins

b) Evernew Burner with Trivet, lit, immediately placed on top, rolling boil at 4:40 mins

c) Trangia Burner with Trivet, lit, immediately placed on top, rolling boil at 11:20 mins

Does it fit inside the DX Stand?

Nope. It is designed to be used instead of the DX, not with the DX Stand. Therefore it doesn't store inside it either.

The obvious question? Does the Trivet work in the same way with the Trangia Meths Burner?

Yes it does the same job with the domestic version.

Weight: 16g
Dimensions: 95mm x 28mm
Raises the pot above burner by 12mm

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I've been looking for a little EDC first aid kit and this sounds perfect.

I'll try to get this thing going again by offering up an Evernew Titanium Trivet. (Fits Trangia)

(http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product500.asp)

Info from Backpackinglight:

I'll take that if I may - will dig out something tonight in exchange. In the meantime. Patience chaps! - Unless someone want's a mystery prize?

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Hi, without trailing through this thread, I just wondered what the decorum was re time to send/recieve Gift it on. Is it not right that you should post out within a day or so, especially if you have been quick to grab something......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE