*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
What is the sink drainer all about?

I realise that with thirteen posts you might not know the value of a stainless steel sink drainer as a hobo stove once suitably Dremelled, but given the effort Tengu has put into trying to fulfill her part in the Gift it On, your question must rank as the equivalent of asking a recovering anorexic if they are pregnant
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

With that in mind Tengu, I'll take some of your leather bootlaces and move this on.

I'll offer up this waterproof box thingy....

b759e054.jpg

May 18, 2011
Scotland
I realise that with thirteen posts you might not know the value of a stainless steel sink drainer as a hobo stove once suitably Dremelled, but given the effort Tengu has put into trying to fulfill her part in the Gift it On, your question must rank as the equivalent of asking a recovering anorexic if they are pregnant
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That is in now way how i intended my comment to come across and i apologise to Tengu if that how it came across to you.

I was merely trying to find out specifically what it was and for confirmation of what i believed it to be. I was interested in acquiring it to make a hobo instead of a trip to ikea to get one myself.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
That is in now way how i intended my comment to come across and i apologise to Tengu if that how it came across to you.

I was merely trying to find out specifically what it was and for confirmation of what i believed it to be. I was interested in acquiring it to make a hobo instead of a trip to ikea to get one myself.

Sorry Mate. I have a warped sense of humour...If you want the Ikea Drainer take it

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You know, Ive been here five years and no ones asked me to moderate yet.

Or to help out at the Moot beyond doing the Bring and Buy....

Laces to Beachlover....Thank you.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
You know, Ive been here five years and no ones asked me to moderate yet.

Or to help out at the Moot beyond doing the Bring and Buy....

Laces to Beachlover....Thank you.

OT but maybe no-one knew you wanted too? I've moderated a forum and it's mainly boring thankless task so I wouldn't feel left out if I were you - it's not all "Awesome Modlike Powers". Mine was a technical forum where you repeatedly had to answer the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over again. Despite a fully working search box. However it usually helps to be an expert on one particular aspect of the forum...

Ho hum.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I will offer up a 10 liter water carrier or
a stainless steel knife fork and spoon or
a stanley knife or
a led hand crank torch or
a stainless steel pot that fits round a nalgene very nicely, for hobo stove or billy can or
a frying pan with folding handle or
a 1oz tobacco tin to make a survival kit :)

Last edited:

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Also have a 4 oz hip flask .. in pink.. good for females? :p

And a multi tool with:
pliers, knife, screw driver, can opener, phillips screw driver, file and other bits..

If anyone wants any pictures of anything i can put them up in the morning :D

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Beenn, slow down son, you,ve listed 14 items here already mate :) give it time :)

Sorry, dont want to slow anything down :p
I had a bag of bits at hand and went for a look out the shed and then another look through the cupboards and draws and just listed anything that may be useful to someone :)

Will leave it till tomorrow! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE