*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Hmm..maybe i could donate something?

I don't have much unused kit to give out..but i make an alternative to char cloth that is very good. Its grated egg boxes, grated with the zester side of a cheese grater and fluffed up. It works great and it doesn't smell.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Wait until you see something you fancy being offered, then post to say you would like it, then offer something of your own. That's how it goes.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ok, well i'll keep an eye out for something small so its all fair. :)

so whens ray mears coming on to give out some of his stuff? haha

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Ok on offer is a Webtex Combat Knife with modified handle and silver blade.
Also has a non standard sheath made from a bayonet frog as I didn't like the sheath that came with it.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will post a couple of pics.

Usual rules apply, you must be over 18 to ask for this, and in asking for the knife you are expressly stating that you are over 18

Phill

Last edited:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
wild thing, i'll take the knife if the offers still there mate. ill gather the stuff to put up for people, with pics. cheers

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Hello I'm John could someone tell me what this (*The* Gift-It-On Thread) thread is about. Its a bit confusing Thanks in advance.

read the very first post mate, it explains it all! i will post some things on later for anyone who wants it. after i find it all and take pictures.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I've got a Ray Mears 'survival book' up for grabs if anyones interested. Not read much of it as its more about his tv show expeditions than techniques and such.

I hope we can all learn to share and be generous, it's our love that makes the world go round an' all!

RB1.jpg

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ok, not much interest..I'll add in some of my own 'fire fluff' it is used like 'maya dust' or char cloth but its virtually weightless and lights beautifully. It's grated egg box but is great, I'll knock up a load and bundle it together with the book for anyone wanting to keep this going!

A picture of a matchbox size load lightly fluffed up.

FF1.jpg

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Don't fret mate, Keep it on till Monday.

Some folks don't get on till the weekend or they may be out in the woods like a fair few on here are at the mo.

Keep the faith.

If they want it, they will get it.

ATB

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE