The Covid19 Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I presume it‘s the antibody test but I don’t really know. It is with a nasal swab. Is there another test?

nope thats to isolate the virus

we have been talking about a blood test to see if we've already has it and have produced antibodies with the idea being we are now immune (at this moment in time atleast).

Reactions: santaman2000

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I presume it‘s the antibody test but I don’t really know. It is with a nasal swab. Is there another test?
The nasal or throat swabbing tests will show if you are actively shedding viruses in those areas, so will only show up as positive during a limited period of the whole disease progression. It can't show if you have had the virus, that's what the antibody blood test is for.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Actually, his source data says England and Wales and 59 million would be about right for that (54m England) although I thought Wales was only 3 million - so, there's another 2 million in there somewhere :)

Data, who can trust it?

Reactions: Chainsaw

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
There are some really interesting numbers from David Spiegelhalter about death rates.

Those number only show one risk factor?

if you extrapolate that data against

ethnicity, sex, obesity and the other risk factors (heart and lung condititons) I'd imagine it would look very different

it also has to be considered that a percentage of people died of Covid 19 and a percentage died with it

Reactions: Coldfeet

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Earlier tonight Imlost an old friend. A classmate from back as far as elementary school through the first year in university. She had tested positive and developed pneumonia but been improving until today when she had a “catastrophic stomach event” while on the ventilator.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, me too. I am fortunate in that no one close to me has died or even been sick.

Im realising that through this rather trying period I have been very lucky. True, I had to leave Cornwall, but my Dad needed company, and so do I.

ive friends on their own and they are not happy.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Let's hope that's the right decision and not a decision to pander to the electorate's desire to do what the hell they like. I think everyone's getting cabin fever to get out and about. Easing lockdown seems a little too easy. The things they're letting go of are the minor things off low priority imho. We need schools back and workers back producing more than campsites and pubs but they're the low hanging fruits for politicians to take the pressure off a bit.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The thing is the pub owners and staff need their jobs back too (it’s not just the cabin fever of the customers) Likewise for all businesses.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE