The cat returns!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yep, the cat that has taken a liking to trying to kill my wife's baby rabbits has returned! even after I tried a few humane deterants!

As you can see here:http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95173&highlight= I saught advice to protect our rabbits without harming the cat or being cruel but it hasn't worked.

I tried orange peel, grapefruit peel, hanging cd's on the ground and floor, and sharp tacks along the fence. I just watched the cat creep along the fence, stab his feet on the tacks.. continue forward ignoring the peels that were also scattered and nailed to the same fence and jump onto the hutch/run to attempt at 'getting' the rabbits once more.

Just knocked on the people I believe own that particular cat but again, no answer! (nice little cat flap on the front door though :rolleyes: )

So.. what now? Haven't tried the coffee grounds yet but it seems more like a wives tale than a factual repellant.

I worry if they do harm our rabbits.. then the careless, selfish owners won't have any legal obligation to face the concequences of vet bills, damage to property etc and I'd hate to have to resort to something illadvised to prevent it happening again. :(

I feel stuck between morals, legalitiy and common sence.. can anyone help any further? (without getting my thread closed prematurely..)

thanks for any help..

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
It got locked because people were surgesting ideas that wont go down well with certain people and now theres a new thread saying "what now" which is inviting new unsuitable ideas.
Anyway nothing to do with me and i dont want to upset anyone i was just warning so nobody got into bother :)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Try the coffee grounds, they have worked for us here, Dark Horse Dave can attest to them working too, as it was he who gave me the info about them.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Get one of these. I have no bother....

tony-allen-puff-adder-striking-uk_i-G-29-2905-8WMPD00Z.jpg

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I'm sure this will be unpopular but I always used to shoot the stray cats with a super soaker, it doesn't hurt them but they don't come back!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
What's that anti burglar paint that is sticky and slick like oil. You know, the stuff you put on pipes to prevent climbing up them. Some of that stuff caked on the fence tops should stop them.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
We have a number of cats in the area and we have had a large selection of cavies over the years, never has there been an issue between the two sets of animals though.

The cavies had their cage up on a couple of tressles, then they had a run on the grass to go into to get some fresh green stuff (Grass) after an hour they went back in their cage up on the tressles. the wire mesh on both was 10mm squares, so nothing could get in or out, the run on the ground had a hinged lid made of mesh as well...So how do the cats in your garden get to the rabbits to kill them? Maybe some stronger and more secure housing for the rabbits is called for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE