That Chap Evading the Authorities in Northumberland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Personally, i don't wish him to be subject to fire. IDEA ALERT: Con island? - a deliberate abandoning of the person on an inescapable island (full of bears and dinosaurs) and leave him there to be mind - messed.

They tried that with the Isle of Wight, but some bugger still managed to escape. There was a case recently where a murder had arranged an escape bid using a helicopter. Timed it with the IOW festival as there is a fair bit of air traffic flying in and out. Only got stopped because a guard reading his mail spotted that they were using lemon juice to hide messages.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
article-1293492-0A632137000005DC-168_634x386.jpg

Slightly to the right of the same picture.

Wings

Harley

Forager
Mar 15, 2010
London
It's an awful pic. I doubt any of them has ever held a gun before this or even come close to a police uniform. It's a shame that the tabloids and media have to make this pictures that will in hindsight not be favourable for the forces involved, it is just gung ho C'MON AND GET IT nonesense which is not needed in this situation.

They are trained firearms officers you fruit-loop, telling the photographer to back off.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Peronally, I am particularly impressed with the ability to hold a carbine in such a stupidly ineffective manner that the stock is noteven remotely in contact with the shoulder.

Clearly highly trained (although whether on X-box or PS3 is hard to tell)

And as for that yellow item - pointing it at the guy in front whilst pulling faces at the camera. Aaah yes, a sign of dedication and professionalism.

Actually more likely on a Nintendo Wii, that would explain why he's waving it around in the general direction of the target :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If they are, they need to go back for some re-training. Guy at top right has finger on, eyes off and stock out of shoulder. That discipline should see him thrown off a static target range - its woeful practice.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Despite the ribbing it's fair to say that they do probably know what they're doing but the banter is funny!

Sorry, I've taught small arms technique to police and they exhibit first time user traits and flaunt all the rules completely. It's a media set up, has to be.

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
New favourite quote:

"its like something out of Waco Texas"

I guess that is true to some extent....except for the fact they are outside, are only facing one man, there are no women or kids involved, its in Britain, there is no religion involved, and no mass casualties have occurred and there has been no fire engulfing a building.

Apart from those small points, I suppose its just like Waco!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
New favourite quote:

"its like something out of Waco Texas"

I guess that is true to some extent....except for the fact they are outside, are only facing one man, there are no women or kids involved, its in Britain, there is no religion involved, and no mass casualties have occurred and there has been no fire engulfing a building.

Apart from those small points, I suppose its just like Waco!

You forgot to mention that our police are better trained for these situations also....

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
FYI: They have had dogs, including sniffer dogs, involved since Saturday morning, result? = Nowt

This person appears to be either very lucky or extremely cunning.

Having no experience or knowledge in such matters this may be a mute point, but surely putting so many people into and area is only going to mask any sent trails. The guy was a tree surgeon, so knows how to climb a tree. Well if I could hear a large group of people crashing through a wood, I'd get up the tallest tree I could find and try and hide in the canopy. These guys are use to urban containment not stalking. Perhaps it would have been better to put a smaller, more skilled team on the ground to track him whilst using the bulk of your manpower to contain the perimeter. It's what they do with the dog units that I see on TV. Also how POW have escaped in jungle conditions narrowly avoiding capture due to inexperienced troops crashing around or been caught by a very small team of trackers. Remember, I have no experience in this and my very limited knowledge comes from third hand reading and documentaries so be kind.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
very true lots of people lots of smell, but working track dogs are amazing, if he had hid up a tree, the dog would scent to it, try to find scent leaving it, when it didn't find any the dog would sit/indicate the end of the trail probably next to the tree he's in.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Not having any experience in dealing with suicidal murder's but is it not making the situation more dangerous by having several armed men within spitting of the armed suspect? Would Snipers not be safer? (I am pretty sure there are several on him already) and jsut let the negotiators do their job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE