Thank you for the pleasure of your company over the last ten years :-)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ten years ago I was scouring the net looking for sources for materials for a Bronze Age activity that Monarch was putting together, and I kind of surfed into BcUK, settled in and sort of never left :D

It's my Home page; it's where I log on first to see what folks have been up to; it's where I go to ask questions to find out things, from the most practical to the most esoteric, to keep in touch with a group of friends.
It's been an incredibly rich ten years :D Friendships, inspiration, information, good wishes and a lot of fun.

I should really do a competition, but for the life of me I can't think of a question :eek: and I have been trying.

So, you'll just need to make do with my thanks and good wishes :D Thank you for your company :D

Tony did a very good thing when he set up BcUK; long may it continue.

:grouphug:
Mary

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I feel the same, think i came across bcuk whilst looking for a jacket or something along those lines, since then ive had some great camps with guys ive met on here, and its kept me going through various illness's in more ways than one. Big thanks from me too.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
If somebody had told me ten years ago that I'd be a member of an on-line community I'd have thought them puddled - some still find it astounding that I'm a member here! I echo the sentiments expressed above, and hope to enjoy the pleasure of everybody's company here for a long time to come........Well said, Mary :)

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
Mary/ Toddy,
Although I've never met you I have to say it is a pleasure having someone like you on this forum, your moderating skills are such that you seem like a big sister to us all. Here's to the next ten years being as great here round the virtual campfire.
Colin

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Congratulations Toddy
RW63dL2.gif

Wow a decade, half a score and I bet you've enjoyed nearly every minute of it!
Must've been something in the air at the time up here in the frozen north as I was only 10 days behind you in joining. (Then again it took about ten days for my modem to dial me in in those days)
Want to say thank you to you for all the help and advice (and strange jokes) over the years, you've been a pal and kept me on the straight and narrow as to forum etiquette
:eek:.
Looking forward to seeing you make it to a full score, then three more!

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Happy anniversary!
I believe BCUK is quite a special place in the online world. I feel privileged to be a member.
I have also come to realise that it has not happened, and does not continue as it is, accidentally. It is down to a lot of hard work by the mods and admin team, and to the presence of a number of key members (chatterboxes!) who keep the site bubbling along. You play a big part in both those groups. Thank you for your contribution!

Z

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not quite 10 years for me, getting there though. :) BCUK is a good place, and has helped change my life from what it was, to what it is. Lots of great people on here, long may it remain so!!! :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just thinking Toddy, 10th anniversary, that's "Tin" and since you clean up around these parts you should be getting a Tin Star!
images

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Wow - ten years!
I am glad you found the site - it would not be the same without one of the nicest, most generous folk here!

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I usually click on any thread you start because I know I'll read something useful, witty, entertaining or inspiring: and sometimes all of these! So I'm glad I clicked on this one to be able to thank you. I hope you will continue to aid the development of my understanding of Scots dialect.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Mary/ Toddy,
Although I've never met you I have to say it is a pleasure having someone like you on this forum, your moderating skills are such that you seem like a big sister to us all. Here's to the next ten years being as great here round the virtual campfire.
Colin

Well said and I must echo this sentiment.

Sent from somewhere?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE