Thank you for the pleasure of your company over the last ten years :-)

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Wow - ten years!
I am glad you found the site - it would not be the same without one of the nicest, most generous folk here!

Well said John , Mary you are a star .

I joined Songs of the paddle first when we were getting into water sports with the kids and kept seeing references to BCUK so i popped in for a look and liked what i saw .
I've not been joining in much over the past couple of years due to ups and downs of life but there aren't many days that i don't pop in for a look .
I have met some amazing people though this site some of which i can happily call friends for life even if i only see them very rarely they are my brothers and sisters in green :You_Rock_

Craig. .....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Im not sure about 'big sister' but I am mortally afraid of being on the forum with a mucky face, I can just hear Mary spitting on a tissue :lmao:

Always a pleasure to be around you Mary :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Im not sure about 'big sister' but I am mortally afraid of being on the forum with a mucky face, I can just hear Mary spitting on a tissue :lmao:

Always a pleasure to be around you Mary :)

Many things I'd do, but I wouldn't spit/wipe you :)….I usually found the cloth from beside the sink for the kids :rolleyes: Jamie once commented that he thought kitchen sink soap smelled of bleach :eek: :eek: because of that.

Congratulations M. You have been here since the bronze age:cool:

Hah! :D so I have :cool:
It's Ian's fault; see the things I've gotten involved with since I met him ? It's been amazing :D

I think BcUK thrives because of the people who frequent the boards. We all bring very different things to the conversations, but they're never boring and there's always someone(s) who knows something useful when I ask for help or information :D
It's a mellow kind of place to sit down for a read and a blether. I know I welcome folks to the virtual campfire, but it kind of really is, isn't it ?

You're good company folks :D Thank you.

M

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have been here not that many years, I cant recall why I ended up here

Ive changed my life a lot and now have gone from all round useless to being a useless uni student...In part I have BCUK to blame for that...

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I don't recall how I ended up in here, but I do recall that I quickly joined in and have stayed ever since. That is most unlike me. It is people like Mary who make the place so friendly and enjoyable, so my thanks to you Mary, and here's to many more.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Congrats, Mary. I think you have hit the nail on the head. We can find good friends here and also a lot of knowledge is passed and shared. Many thanks to all the management of this community you are doing a great job. Many thanks to Tony for starting it all off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE