Thai Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
but when you mean breathable do you mean like gortex or that you can actually breath through the materiel as you can with taffeta?know what i mean?
There are may different types/grades of pertex.... from fully waterproofed and breathable like goretex to light windproof. I would suggest contacting point north as they will send you samples so you can see for yourself ;-)

Ed

Mar 2, 2004
did you ever get that hammock made then lithril?
whats the pertex like?

i went to the n.i. game fair last weekend and saw the bloke from wildlive doing the flint knapping thing,he was also selling hennesy hammocks. he let me try one out and they really are fantastic but looked very...copyable...especially when theyre asking 110 quid for em.the sewn on flysheet is a good invention as is the entry to it.
might have a go at making one now ive seen the spec.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I'm getting there with the hammock, pertex is quite thin and very slippery, snags up the machine something chronic, I'm getting around this by sticking the joins together with double sided tape and then sewing through the material and tape.

I thought about making a hennessy but apparently the stress on the seams are crucial to get the asymmetrical sleeping system. If you give it a go, let me know how it goes.

Not a hennessy but I'll defiantley be sewing a fly sheet into mine when I get a chance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE