testing out the group shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
I spent last night out in Sussex with a couple of mates, our chosen shelter for the evening was the Group shelter, probably made most famous by ray mearsy's books & tv ect.

DSCN3317.jpg

DSCN3303.jpg

DSCN3300.jpg

DSCN3274.jpg

although very comfortable in reflection i see no reason for this shelters existence, the ammount of time, energy and resources it takes to build are huge. if you did choose to take on this shelter in a "survival situation" you would most likley do more harm than good.
having said that it was good fun and great to try out.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Looks good mate i did one a while back it does take some work but is ideal if there are say five of you longterm, building it just for a couple of you probably is like you say too much hard work they are nice and cosy though ;)

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Hi Josh
that looks like it could be a chilly piece of woodland near Midhurst how is the course going
yeah was down very low at minus 3-5 the last couple of nights. the course is going brilliantly, just did my first lesson assesment which went realy well, spent the last week doing shelter, prim tech, winter twig id, deer prep and loads more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE