Tent pegs in carry on board luggage.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I'm surprised the airlines haven't thought about hiring small tamper-proof boxes for carry on customers. Prohibited items go in at check-in and is locked by the staff. On arriving another person unlocks it and you get your goods. A large returnable deposit is charged plus a fee. Probably unworkable though.

I love going as a carry on as it's so much easier but don't like having to give up small prohibited items I like to take.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Because hand luggage is free on most airlines. Not to mention the speed of check in and out when you don't have to faff about with bags and cases.
On boar bag is more than you need for a week in europe (non outdoor).

If you want to take down a plane just google thermite. Its legal and ingredients costed me last week 20 pounds per kilo. No sniff will detect it as its simply rust and aluminium and it will easily cut your plane in half :)

Offset the time shopping for new pegs and the time spent "talking" to airport security about your tent pegs and checking your luggage will seem the faster option.

It isn't much of a discussion, not with us anyway... I think most of do the sensible thing.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I always carry hand luggage on a flight. It generally contains a toothbrush, deodorant, a book, glasses, phone charger, sweets, a couple of changes of boxers, socks and t shirts, a fleece and a rolled up pair of craghoppers. I'm not getting caught out again with lost luggage. Its not fun trying to buy new clothes to keep you going on the first day of your hols because you are in Hungary and your bag is in Houston!!

Never mind the clothes; think about your meds being lost!

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Never mind the clothes; think about your meds being lost!

I don't need meds (debatable at times though) but my missus is a type 1 diabetic. Some of the proof she has been asked to provide to carry syringes, vials of insulin, glucogel and glucagon is unreal. Surely anyone with a small amount of common sense can see that what she is carrying is genuine, especially since she also carries the repeat prescription on her. It was touch and go once trying to get through Aberdeen airport as they didn't want to let her past without a letter from her GP! Funny thing was, when we were coming back through Heathrow they never batted an eyelid or even opened her bag at the scanner. I asked if they wanted to look inside and they just gestured for me to take it away!!!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I don't need meds (debatable at times though) but my missus is a type 1 diabetic. Some of the proof she has been asked to provide to carry syringes, vials of insulin, glucogel and glucagon is unreal. Surely anyone with a small amount of common sense can see that what she is carrying is genuine, especially since she also carries the repeat prescription on her. It was touch and go once trying to get through Aberdeen airport as they didn't want to let her past without a letter from her GP! Funny thing was, when we were coming back through Heathrow they never batted an eyelid or even opened her bag at the scanner. I asked if they wanted to look inside and they just gestured for me to take it away!!!

I've only flown once since being diagnosed. Type 2 taking orals and an injectable (not insulin, but still an injectable) Wasn't asked for proof of any kind nor was it a requirement on the checklist from the TSA. They didn't have any problem with the small cooler for the injectable either (although everything did have to meet the size requirement allowing it to be placed in an overhead bin or under the seat)

I can post a link to the TSA reqirements here, but TBH I don't know how much they might differ from there. That said, they were pretty straightforward.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
To the OP, if you are visiting family in Poland just leave tent pegs with them? If the plane should crash you statistically won't need them as you'd be dead and if you survive or land safely then just improvise should the need arise?

For the sake of carrying a few tent pegs why bother the risk of confrontation.

You don't need to leave all liquids out of hand baggage either, have a google on the topic.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE