Tell me about your underwear!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I got a pile of wicking briefs from Lidl last year - they were only a few quid per pair and work as well as some of the more (much more!) expensive branded stuff. I would certainly buy more and will do if I see them again.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I have several pairs of Lowe Alpine dryflo wicking briefs but they are rapidly wearing out and they don't make them anymore. I'm on the lookout for alternatives - can't get on with boxers.

You could try the M&S Signature ones like I bought. They are polyamide and seem to wick away sweat, they don't stay damp like cotton briefs. I don't get on with boxers either; I've tried different designs and styles but my bits are always uncomfortable in them.

U

UnderTheStars

I'm glad I'm female.
We get lots of materials to choose from. Silk, nylon, poly, and of course merino if you've got the cash.
Most of which are quick to dry.

Not that I'm suggesting raiding the wife's knicker drawer :rolleyes: that might get you more than just funny looks

Have you tried men's boxer shorts? I find them incredibly comfy for walking with. Nothing special, just M&S own brand ones.

Dec 16, 2007
Lycra shorts with no cycle insert for when I am out in the hot and clammy stuff.
Now I know that RM says cycle shorts but does he wear with or without the chammy insert?

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I wear Nike running shorts(they don't chaffe) and Ron Hill tracksters on top when its cold, then 5.11 TDU's as trousers.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Has anyone here tried the M & S "Thermal" Merino/synthetic mix undies - the price isn't too bad. Just wondering whether they might be a false economy.

Best Wishes
David

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I think in the excitement most of us have lost sight of the original question...

My suggestion is to get something made up in a fleece. SWMBO has made me several things for sleep wear out of fleece and they beat the, er, pants off anything else I've worn. Not only are they easy to dry, but they're great at wicking water away from your body if you're a bit damp when you hit the sack, or if you sweat a lot -- if I'm in a sleeping bag I tend to get too hot, and often wake up covered in sweat in the early hours.

Just wanted to hop in and say that Brynje are now in the UK. They have a pair of superb mesh boxers shorts with a windcover front. Just to give full disclosure here, I am the UK importer! We have the largest selection of Brynje clothing outside of Norway. I will not mention the company at this point, unless the admin comes back and gives me the go-ahead.......I don't want to get kicked off because I really enjoy the forum. You can however get in touch on an individual basis I believe?
Cheers R.L

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Underwear? What is this "underwear" of which you speak?

I learned something new about underwear last weekend ...

Apparently chamois leather makes for good moisture absorbant anti-chaff undies :dunno: ~ it seems that even my sensible conversations can be a little twisted :yikes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE