Tell me about your underwear!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I'm fed up with the weight when stuff like t-shirts and pants get really wet. I have solved the problem of the tops by going for Marino wool. What would you recommend for pants though?:confused:

rancid badger

I have a set of Brynje fishnet top and long johns. not sure if you can still get these but they are really good, if a bit "odd" looking:rolleyes:

you don't really notice them if they get soaked but they dry very quickly and retain quite a bit of thermal insulation too.

R.B.

just checked:
http://www.brynje-shop.com/super-thermo-brynje-super-thermo-longs.html

mine are olive green ( picked up in Norway a good long while ago now;))

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Woolpower for me too, either the 200 or 400g leggings depending how cold it is or how active I'm likely to be.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Commando?

That should raise a few eyebrow's when you take your keck's off for bedding down LoL!

I just wear cheap track suit bottoms under whatever I'm wearing in the winter, which double up as PJ's once in the bag.

Plain 'ol boxers in summer, but next winter Its going to be a bit more technical.

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Zarkwon why did i have to look at that pic?:yikes:

My wife just gave me a funny look , i think i screamed.:lmao:

Craig...........

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
asda's home brand "thermal" long johns in the colder months, i bought a pair on a whim as they were so cheap and ended up going back and buying another couple of pairs as i was so impressed.

commando in the summer though, if you're offended by bedtime nakedness then i suggest you look the other way!

stuart

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
I'm glad I'm female.
We get lots of materials to choose from. Silk, nylon, poly, and of course merino if you've got the cash.
Most of which are quick to dry.

Not that I'm suggesting raiding the wife's knicker drawer :rolleyes: that might get you more than just funny looks

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Spent a fortune on merino boxers- so comfy but they wear too quickly. Now on North Face ones, very quick drying and light but too early to tell how long they will last.

If out in winter I have paramo trousers so only need my merino leggings to sleep in.

ATB

KP

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I just bought some M&S Autograph undies with a gift voucher I got for Christmas. They seem a bit better than what I usually wear. I got two types, one is a modal blend (holds water but feels nice) and the other is synthetic. The synthetic ones are really lightweight and suprisingly comfy.

I also bought some bamboo material long johns. They are interesting, certainly comfortable, good for English style cold but not for really low temperatures. I got them "reduced to clear" for the princely sum of 3 quid in TK Maxx - at that price I thought I'd be silly not to buy them. They do retain wetness but I haven't been in a situation were they got soaked so I don't know if they perform like wool when they are wet or like cotton. They are supposed to perform like wool but I don't know.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I have several pairs of Lowe Alpine dryflo wicking briefs but they are rapidly wearing out and they don't make them anymore. I'm on the lookout for alternatives - can't get on with boxers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE