Telemark smocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, After watching the Heroes of Telemark can we still buy or get the smocks that Kirk and Richard had on in the flim ?.
They used to issuse the Army cadets with a green one in this pattern but thats was years ago.
Just interested :rolleyes:

Cheers Topknot

Sam442

Oct 17, 2009
Bristol/Salisbury
Do you mean the ones in the style of
Montane_Extreme_Jacket.jpg

?
Couldn't find an actual pic but remember they resembled montanes.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Yeah noticed that whilst watching the film myself, they looked rather good!
that windproof SAS smock comes close but i've not seen anything else to match it exactly.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Hi, After watching the Heroes of Telemark can we still buy or get the smocks that Kirk and Richard had on in the flim ?.
They used to issuse the Army cadets with a green one in this pattern but thats was years ago.
Just interested :rolleyes:

Cheers Topknot

there was a company called extremeoutdoorclothing.co.uk that used to make a replica but i cant seem to find it now.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
the smock your after is the same as what used to be issiued to troops and right up to the 80's army cadets
you can still buy them at surplus shops but there dear for what they are but you can use dye stripper then over dye them and they look realy good like that hope this is some help:)

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Or the fjällraven Gutullia, it comes pretty close. But I know exactly what is meant, I saw one of those cadet smocks, alas in a very small size. It was marked: Smock, Cadet and looked very ventile'ish.

A very nice alternative is the swedish winter smock.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Can't you get them as snow oversmocks as Norwegian/Swedish army surplus? They have two large button pocks, a hood, and I think a zip or velcro neck. Quite roomy and go on over your other layers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE