Tech Fantasy wish list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Now just say that you were about to be given a sum of money (several thousand pounds) for technology to use in the outdoors.

What would you get?

udamiano

On a new journey
Honestly I probably wouldn't spend it on tech..when the cards are down, it will probably fail

invest in a really good compass. a good tent/tarp, and a top sleeping system. Anything left spend on a really good course or a trip to somewhere you've never been and always wanted to go. the memories will far outlast the tech

thats my opinion anyway

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
technology to use in the outdoors.

What would you get?

Hmmm Stihl pole chainsaw

Petrol engined vertical log splitter

Two wheel tractor with Allan scythe, tiller and plough attachments plus following ride on trailer and topper

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
Something very expensive then sell it for good bushcraft/camping/hiking

The only thing that would tempt me is a good camera set-up

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A really good birdsong recording device :D There's a chorus outside my window right now :cool:

Video cameras to be rigged up to watch the birds in the hedges, underwater in the ponds, and the back lane at night when the deer and the badgers and foxes come through. Maybe something to be set up macro focus to see the insects though, like the bees on the lupins and foxgloves, and a wee tiny wire one to have a squint down the ants nests :D

Otherwise I'm pretty much in agreement with Udamiano on kit for outdoors.

cheers,
M

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Without doubt, The Global Village Construction Set. But it wouldnt do you much good anywhere in the United Kingdom.

[video=youtube;53T5eYxGf3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53T5eYxGf3I[/video]

Still its a step in the right direction that these projects are open source.

**Its a 'civilisation' starter kit. :0)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Alas, Im out of luck.

I have been accepted for DSA...Which means whatever you need for your course, and since my applied course was Archaology, that meant Whatever you need for the course usable in the field.

But now due to housing issues it loks like Im going to have to postpone it.

However this means I will stay on at College and do my A2s...Im only a little sad.

I think I might be sadder if I didnt do my A2s, dont you?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE