Tea Leaf or Tea Bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tea Leaf or Tea Bag?

• Leaf Only Please

Votes: 38 14.7%
  • Bags for me

Votes: 109 42.1%
  • Bi and proud of it

Votes: 89 34.4%
  • Abstain thank you

Votes: 23 8.9%

• Total voters

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
When I stayed in the Wroclaw area - in Poland in 1992 for a month - we always drunk 'Herbata', a loose leaf tea in a glass with metal base/handle. After you stirred it, the leaves sunk down to the base. Must check the big Tesco near me as they have an Eastern euro section.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
A guy has just opened a shop in Monmouth that only sells loose leaf tea. I've discovered a whole new world of tea since going there. Favourites so far are Genmaicha (or popcorn green tea) and gunpowder green tea. I still use bags though if I'm being lazy.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
tea bags! from a box with a monkey on it two at a time by the pint with steralized milk and four sugars ( six if you dont have a propper spoon! ) :lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Had some friends who used to love Masala Chai - they made it with evaporated milk and it was way too sweet for me, I like it not so sweet so less sugar and normal milk was the way I preferred it. (Can't stand milk in tea at all now so no more Chai for me but here's a recipe if you want to try it).

[video=youtube;tbYfiiSeDlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbYfiiSeDlI[/video]

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
At home I use leafs for black and green tea, outdoors I use high quality tea bags. Tea bags for herbal teas both at home and outdoors...

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
I like loose tea mashed in teapot, I dont mind tetley sandbags when camping but I use 2 in a mug, I like a bit of colour in my tea.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I prefer leaf, but if I'm really lazy I will use teabags to. They are practical out in the bush, so I bag my own loose tea when hiking.
Nothing beats a good cup of " Paris" from Harney&Sons in the morning :)

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
I only drink herbal, but generally bagged - apart from freshly picked, of course. It saves the constant round of being asked, "Tea, Leif?":banghead:

Cheers,
Leif

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Lol @ Leiflet

I like both. If I'm away on my own I make tea with loose leaves. There is something about making a pot of tea with loose leaves, its almost a kind or ritual or meditation and quite relaxing. It gets me in the right frame of mind for the day ahead.

When I'm away with the missus and daughter I use bags. I'm usually too busy rushing around making breakfast, dressing my daughter and dealing with planning the days activities to faff around with loose teas. :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE