Tactical/Hiking/sport kilts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I wore my clan heavyweight wool kilt everyday for 2 years walking, running, working in the highlands and whatnot. It done the job but they do get sweaty i tell ye! Someone once bought me a utilikilt and i thought it was utter rubbish. They are just not made with the same attention to detail and the cut is often illfitting and the material doesnt work as well as a decent wool kilt

just my 2 pennies worth :p

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Used to wear old military weight kilt up the hills and to work in the woods. (Boy the tourists used to lap that up coming out of the woods on the policy grounds by the house in a kilt with an axe over the shoulder and a wolfhound by the side). Can be warn like Hamish says in a trad kilt. Midge and clegs can be a real problem but inclement weather didn't really bother me. Have looked at these new kilts (some have pockets) and they look OK though I doubt they'd be as tough. But it is a nice healthy feeling romping outdoors with your kilt swinging. (And don't tell the sassenachs but if the midge are real bad or the weathers -20c you could wear underpants!!!) :eek:
Cheers
GB.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
What is a tactical kilt? Black with molle clips on the sporran I guess? Fine if your Scottish, if your English then your just a chap in a skirt really.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hats off to the Scots for wearing them up in the hills but the USA slant on it is to get the protection of waterproofs on the upper legs but with better ventilation, fine on the hot trials over there but I can't really see them working out over here too well.
Ron Moak of Six Moons Designs was wearing one of his on the TGO last May, I think he stuck with it throughout but might have regretted it during the colder days of our crossing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE