Tactical Bacon

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
One brand of canned bacon popular in the States is made in Hungary and I believe we have a member living out there :) ? We get out to Budapest once a year for a long weekend break and I always bring back tins of Feta cheese but next trip I'll keep an eye out for the bacon too.

timf2009

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2009
Hamburg Germany
One brand of canned bacon popular in the States is made in Hungary and I believe we have a member living out there ?

I've never seen tactical bacon here but I can well believe it. They eat every bit of the pig here. (Pig lungs and chips anyone? :eek: )

If you have a brand name I'll try and find some. I'll post up some pics and if anyone is interested I can bring some back with me when I drive back to UK in July.

Tim

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Pig lungs make for a lovely soup - with watercress.

Tesco sell foil tins (French MRE style packaging) of Polish reformed bacon that's not bad - about 80p a pop.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've never seen tactical bacon here but I can well believe it. They eat every bit of the pig here. (Pig lungs and chips anyone? :eek: )

If you have a brand name I'll try and find some. I'll post up some pics and if anyone is interested I can bring some back with me when I drive back to UK in July.

Tim

There you go Tim, I need to get back for more canned cheese too mate :)

334_Copy_2_of_HPIM0351.jpg

timf2009

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2009
Hamburg Germany
Well I'm afraid I drew a blank on this one. It isn't stocked in any shops as far as I can see and enquiries to my Hungarian colleagues produced responses ranging from "Never heard of it" to " Why would anyone want to....."

Export only perhaps?

Tim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE