T.W Hammock to buy or not to buy ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

selfbow

Jan 24, 2011
shropshire
Hi all i'm thinking of buying a tenth wounder hammock. my big Q is are they any good ?
I have the DD travil but i teach bushcraft and get asked if i think TW are any good. So will i be getting a good hammock I hope so as i like the look of them and would like to promote them on my course

Over to you guys and thanks for your coments:)

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Hi all i'm thinking of buying a tenth wounder hammock. my big Q is are they any good ?
I have the DD travil but i teach bushcraft and get asked if i think TW are any good. So will i be getting a good hammock I hope so as i like the look of them and would like to promote them on my course

After lots of advise on hammocks from different members on here I bought several hammocks and tarps from tw and although there my first hammock so I don't have loads of experience I'm very happy with the ones I purchased from them great quality and value for money and hanging is so much fun and I am defo more comfortable
:eek:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I have a TW hornet hammock, the XL compact hammock and a sargasso storm tarp. Great quality, well made and a good price. I would recommend TW stuff highly.

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I'm not a fan of banana hammocks - I highly recommend looking into getting an asym. Much more room and comfy. UKHammocks does a good range and also imports the WBBB. Very much worth getting one with a mozzie net. Unless you leave your tarp off during the day, you end up with all sorts of nasties bouncing about under it during the summer.

Banana hammocks are very easy to make, the real cost isn't the hammock itself, but the 550 & tree straps. We built banana hammocks with our scouts for about £12 total. The hammock suspension was whoopie slings on cheap ratchet straps sown into tree huggers.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
The TW super XL is 3m long and 1.8m wide - so it's practically an asym anway. And very good value for money if you aren't bothered about a mozzie net (never needed mine). Packs very small too.

M

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I got a TW ultra light hammock a couple of years ago, only used it s couple of times, but very happy with it. Quality was very good and at 10 quid [inc postage when I bought it].

Incredibly simple, I've thought about making my own - but like so many other things I've thought of having a go at, it's taking time to get round to...

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm not a fan of banana hammocks - I highly recommend looking into getting an asym. Much more room and comfy. UKHammocks does a good range and also imports the WBBB. Very much worth getting one with a mozzie net. Unless you leave your tarp off during the day, you end up with all sorts of nasties bouncing about under it during the summer.

Banana hammocks are very easy to make, the real cost isn't the hammock itself, but the 550 & tree straps. We built banana hammocks with our scouts for about £12 total. The hammock suspension was whoopie slings on cheap ratchet straps sown into tree huggers.

Can I recommend not performing a Google image search for "banana hammock"?

Daiblackyinuk

Jun 11, 2010
Shropshire
Hi guys,
On the TW Hammocks, any idea of the loads on them? Most of my hammocks have been US built & they give a weight load on them but I can't seem to see them on the TM web page. Last thing I want to do is to get all comfy & end up with my head in my rear by being too heavy for it... again... :rolleyes:

Elen Sentier

What's a ratchet strap? It sounds like something I need ...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Here you go Elen, if you can operate it it would help with the slight lack of grip you suffer from.

[video=youtube;Z5PaEi6gMm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5PaEi6gMm8[/video]

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
After lots of advise on hammocks from different members on here I bought several hammocks and tarps from tw and although there my first hammock so I don't have loads of experience I'm very happy with the ones I purchased from them great quality and value for money and hanging is so much fun and I am defo more comfortable
:eek:
Hi. As above. I have two TW hammocks for three years now, no problems, recommended!

Darwa

Forager
Apr 12, 2013
Cambridge
I bought a TW Hornet after doing loads of research. I weigh 136.5kg (taken on Monday) so it's good to be sure when it comes to these things. I figure if it can take my weight without me getting any sense of danger, then it's got to be good.

I've taken it out on a few trips and it's currently strung up in my back garden as it's much cooler than the bed in this weather.

So, yeah, a big 'thumbs up' from me :)

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
The TW super XL is 3m long and 1.8m wide - so it's practically an asym anway. And very good value for money if you aren't bothered about a mozzie net (never needed mine). Packs very small too.

M

Pretty much that, I tried one a friend has and the lay is pretty much aysimetrical because of the length and width, very comfortable and very impressed.

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
i recently bought a cheap £14 TW hammock to test out, it's designed for people under 6ft but I am over. I am happy with the hammock so now I will buy another one of theirs which fits me. I have slept in it twice, first time was perfectly comfortable, second time was OK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE