Swopping over to natural wool bedding.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Recently spending a night in a safari tent at the project I've started volunteering on, I slept in a wool filled duvet and pillows.
I don't know about you, but I'm constantly replacing pillows that go flat after a few months use, despite fluffing them up each morning.
You don't have this problem with the wool pillows. It's possible to take the wool out of the zippered case, and leave it in the sun for refreshing, which also means no more pillow washing, (only the covers need a wash) which always seems to degrade the plumpness. Also the plumpness can be adjusted, by removing or adding more wool.
I have bought a pillow and I'm now saving for a mattress cover, and duvet.
It's not a cheap option by any means, but, having added up the cost of normal cheaper pillows I've had over the last couple of years, I've actualy spent more!
The duvet was amazingly warm, and despite being in damp cool riverside woodland, I was toasty warm, much warmer than my down bag would have been.
I'm thinking this could be the solution to having to heat my bedroom over next winter too, therefore saving money on heating bills.
There are several companies that sell wool filled duvets and pillows, I got mine from Baavet.
For those with difficult to heat or cold bedrooms I'd recommend them.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Ooooh good idea. Do you have any links to view?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Ooooh good idea. Do you have any links to view?

Sorry I'm a tech idiot and no idea how to post links, I just typed wool duvets uk into Google and several companies came up.
I chose Baavat, as I that was the make I tried out at the project.
I know they do bundles of duvet, pillows and mattress topper which saves a bit of money. Free delivery, and delivery was quick. Ordered Friday evening and arrived early afternoon today.
My friend ordered for me online, she's a wizz on the compooter , and so quick with it!
I think I saw something about phoning them to discuss what would suit you. So I guess they would take an order over the phone aswell. Will have to try that on my next order. Soon as I've stood on enough street corners to make the cash. ( they pay me to go away, so my integrity is intact! Ha ha ;) )
Actualy I'm selling my surplus veg plants. So it will take me a while to save up.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Recently spending a night in a safari tent at the project I've started volunteering on, I slept in a wool filled duvet and pillows.
I don't know about you, but I'm constantly replacing pillows that go flat after a few months use, despite fluffing them up each morning.
You don't have this problem with the wool pillows. It's possible to take the wool out of the zippered case, and leave it in the sun for refreshing, which also means no more pillow washing, (only the covers need a wash) which always seems to degrade the plumpness. Also the plumpness can be adjusted, by removing or adding more wool.
I have bought a pillow and I'm now saving for a mattress cover, and duvet.
It's not a cheap option by any means, but, having added up the cost of normal cheaper pillows I've had over the last couple of years, I've actualy spent more!
The duvet was amazingly warm, and despite being in damp cool riverside woodland, I was toasty warm, much warmer than my down bag would have been.
I'm thinking this could be the solution to having to heat my bedroom over next winter too, therefore saving money on heating bills.
There are several companies that sell wool filled duvets and pillows, I got mine from Baavet.
For those with difficult to heat or cold bedrooms I'd recommend them.
Wool mattress made by a UK firm plus a mattress topper and duvet made by a firm called Baa-vet. Like you say, not a cheap option but worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: Woody girl

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Whoa! They're pricey eh? Oh well like Woodygirl says I suppose u get what u pay for!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
The mattress is way over my pay grade!!! But the mattress topper is just about affordable by the autumn, just in time for winter.
I have wool blankets and a down quilt, so that will be my lot this year, but I'll save for a wool quilt for next year. I don't mind waiting a bit. If I get cold with what I've got, there is always the sleeping bag under the duvet trick.
I'm always thinking a few seasons ahead, so when something comes my way, I'm ready.
Just picked up 20 screw top bottles at the weekend from a local restaurant, I will use them for cordials and apple juice from the new second hand hobby press, in the autumn. Stored under my bed for now.
I know they look pricy, but you are paying for top quality products and supporting British sheep farmers too. Win for all.
I've seen down duvets going for similar prices, so realy they are not massively over priced when you consider how warm they are.
I like a bit of weight to my bedding, a down quilt feels like I've got nothing covering me, even though I'm warm.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
I was given a baavet duvet and pillows la few years ago and they are fantastic!
Very comfortable and don't really have need for the separate summer and winter duvets anymore!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I was given a baavet duvet and pillows la few years ago and they are fantastic!
Very comfortable and don't really have need for the separate summer and winter duvets anymore!

Somebody must love you to give you such a fantastic present.
Lucky thing!
They are rather a luxury, which is a rare commodity in my life, but totaly worth the money and the wait to save up for.
Many will happily spend big money on tents, knives, and other kit. These products are worth every penny and to be honest I thought they would be a lot more expensive than they are.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Somebody must love you to give you such a fantastic present.
Lucky thing!
They are rather a luxury, which is a rare commodity in my life, but totaly worth the money and the wait to save up for.
Many will happily spend big money on tents, knives, and other kit. These products are worth every penny and to be honest I thought they would be a lot more expensive than they are.
I think it was actually a wedding present, but seeing as we use it every night we wouldn't be without it now!
For some reason mrsmike doesn't get on with the pillows, but she's wierd....

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Well she did marry you ;) :lmao:
8fedd0b3c782b5630ca1569acfb18577.jpg

CrispyDuck

Dec 31, 2020
Londonish
My Mum is always cold and uses an electric blanket in bed. Last Christmas I brought my parents a duvet from Woolroom. They adore it! And no more electric blanket.

Haven’t tried it myself, but will be swapping my synthetic one, as they have given rave reviews. Apparently it simultaneously keeps my Mum warm and my Dad cool, so everyone’s a winner

Sebc

Oct 31, 2021
Yorkshire
We use old wool blankets and wool pillows. I could t go back. I prefer multiple blankets to a duvet. You can adjust the temp better and each person can have there own set up.
Old wool blankets are also really cheap on ebay etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE