Swiss Army Sleeping Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Whilst browsing around looking for a new sleeping bag, i came accross these
f_835589.jpg

They look quite interesting, but thought i'd ask if anyone has any experience with them before I give them any more considersation.

thank you

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
I had one a while (i mean years) ago.

Came with a bivi bag with a waterproof base and cotton top! with a cotton 'head' square that it all rolled up into.

I wouldnt trust the -22 unless it is top spec insulation material as used in space because the filling is about 10mm thick. look at the packed size in the picture

Ok as a summer bag or for use in a sheep or mountain cabin.

So in summary:-

Use it in the summer
Or indoors

Edit:- I will have a look if i still have it (im thinking i gave it away) and i will post a pic so you can see what i mean about the thickness, failing that you can have it!! leave it with me

Last edited:

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I had one a while (i mean years) ago.

Came with a bivi bag with a waterproof base and cotton top! with a cotton 'head' square that it all rolled up into.

I wouldnt trust the -22 unless it is top spec insulation material as used in space because the filling is about 10mm thick. look at the packed size in the picture

Ok as a summer bag or for use in a sheep or mountain cabin.

So in summary:-

Use it in the summer
Or indoors

Edit:- I will have a look if i still have it (im thinking i gave it away) and i will post a pic so you can see what i mean about the thickness, failing that you can have it!! leave it with me

Thats most kind of you :) I shall await your next post with baited breath :lmao:

I just spotted them and thought they look a bit different to the 58 pattern or the arctic bags, that along with the price got my interest.

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
I cant find it, i think i lent it to the lad down the road to go on a school trip and let him keep it (he was using it in a YHA)

If i were you i would get a used Arctic bag and throw it through the wash, at least you know what you are getting.

This bag is thin, and doesnt really pack all that small to be honest.
With the summer you will probably be ok with it, you could buy it and give it a go now its warmer.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I cant find it, i think i lent it to the lad down the road to go on a school trip and let him keep it (he was using it in a YHA)

If i were you i would get a used Arctic bag and throw it through the wash, at least you know what you are getting.

This bag is thin, and doesnt really pack all that small to be honest.
With the summer you will probably be ok with it, you could buy it and give it a go now its warmer.

No problem at all, thanks very much for the thought though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE