Swedish Surplus Rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Theo01

Mar 7, 2006
Gloucestershire, UK
Has anyone got one of those Swedish Canvas Rucksacks - grey canvas, with leather straps, and no outside pockets - are they any good, quality, (because their surplus)?

Thanks

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
if its the one from surplus and adventure for £9.99 its a great rucksack. seriously you'd struggle to buy better for 3-4 times as much!

M

Millbilly

Ive also heard great things about these rucksacks. Be carefull who you buy from though: I ordered one from surplus and adventure months ago, and have heard nothing since. Theyve taken the cash, but wont reply to any of my emails. Sorry about the thread jacking, just thought id warn you.

Si

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
The sack from 'surplus and adventure' does not have leather straps and it's green not grey
It does have an external frame and is a very good bag
At £9.99 + postage it is a bargain

I know other people have had problems with this company but I've dealt with them three times now and everythings gone straight forward

There was a thread on here somewhere detailing peoples experiences both good and bad
As the old adage says 'you pays your money and takes your choice'

Hate to think anyone is losing money through them though :nono:

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
i found the best bet with these guys is to give them a ring...they don't seem to be quite on the ball with emails and internet orders but a quick phone call and you should be good to go. iirc i got mine in under a week.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
ah my bad, sorry.

i guess i steered you all the wrong way there :slap:

We used to have a couple of bags similar to these http://www.adventure1.co.uk/index.h...html&lang=en-us as kids they lasted for years (probably 20 for one of 'em)

by the time they we're retired they'd been the length and breadth of the country and covered in sew-on patches from historic sites and towns....

....i'm feeling a bit nostalgic now i might go order one :sigh:

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
Millbilly I had that problem too turns out one of the e-mail addy's is duff. Phone them took me two polite and one nasty call but I got my goods in the end. Don't let them get away with it. Tell them they have till next weeks edition of watchdog to get the bag out to you or you'll e-mail them worked for me a few times.
Dave.

tanto

May 29, 2005
Sweden
For the price its a good sack, i have had mine for more then 10 years. They are usually old and unatended so if you can look carefully at the leather to make sure its not dried up and cracked before you buy. If the leather is good make sure to oil it now and then. Its no fun having the leather break when in the forrest, i know. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE