Romanian army rucksack help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
I got my rucksack but these straps with hooks are bugging me , they are always in the way ,my options are sell it or cut them off then tape the straps to the other ones ?
Anyone else done similar to one?

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    469.2 KB · Views: 21

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
fwiw I found I could unbuckle the short pieces with the hooks on, once the leather had been fed sufficiently to regain some flexibility. Currently trying extra padding on the straps, and the loose ends tuck reasonably neatly in there, but strapping them to the others was the alternative option. Can't quite bring myself to do anything irreversible like cutting anything off, because what if I suddenly realise there's a way to use them? :D

Reactions: moocher

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
This is the old European army system. The Hooks connect to a waist belt. That big leather piece and buckles topside were to hold the helmet.

Reactions: moocher

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Yes I found out by searching online but I won’t be using it hooked onto my belt . I have the extra leather straps but took them off to streamline it a bit.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
I trimmed the ends of the straps and then manage to push them back through and unbuckle them . If I ever sell it they can be reattached .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE