swedish surplus bergan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
does any of you good lads know where i can get one of the swedish army surplus rucksacks,the one i am after is the larger one with the external frame .i have tried for some time to get one of these with no luck .there are not many outlets for this kind of thing in scotland.i would imagine someone on the forum would know of a surplus store maybe down south or elswhere .cheers lads .

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
gill said:
does any of you good lads know where i can get one of the swedish army surplus rucksacks,the one i am after is the larger one with the external frame .i have tried for some time to get one of these with no luck .there are not many outlets for this kind of thing in scotland.i would imagine someone on the forum would know of a surplus store maybe down south or elswhere .cheers lads .

The 35l external frame sacks (see posts passim) are to be had from Surplus and Adventure (if you trust them enought to order - I've been fine.

No idea where the 70l ones can be sourced (if that's what you mean)

If you find some, lemme know :D

Jim.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Is it this one you are looking for?
ryggsacklk70low7iv.jpg

Are they any good?

I can get them in unissued condition for approx £35 each in Sweden, but the shipping cost is not going to be cheap... However I am getting another batch of stainless steel mess kits so I could include some of these (at cost!). PM me if you are interested.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i knew you lads would know a connection.bumblebee i would be delighted if you could get me one of these and a stainless set would be excellent as well .cuold you be so kind as to price me postage by airmail from sweden.cheers mate

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Bumblebee said:
Is it this one you are looking for?
ryggsacklk70low7iv.jpg

Are they any good?

I can get them in unissued condition for approx £35 each in Sweden, but the shipping cost is not going to be cheap... However I am getting another batch of stainless steel mess kits so I could include some of these (at cost!). PM me if you are interested.

These packs are great, I have been using one for over a year now and I love it. The downside with these packs are the weight since they weigh around 4kg, but they can take a lot of beating. The army has used them sinxe the 60´s and they are still in use by some units. There is also a newer model wich is a 100L model.

The founder of Fjällräven has deigned this pack for the army but was made by Sacci that still today makes all the army rucksacks.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
:eek: :eek: It's the stainless steel mess kit nightmare again :eek: :eek:

Tomorrow morning there will be at least 17 more me too's, and in a few days I have to charter a maersk tanker. :p :rolleyes: :D

No promises here at all, OK? I will check shipping alternatives etc during next week and post the results here.

And for those who don't know me I am just a ordinary user (Swedish but living in the UK) who did a group buy for Swedish army stainless steel mess kits. I don't have a company etc, I just know a company selling Swedish army surplus.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
ummmm no i am not going to volounteer but

there are serious reductions to be had by buying stuff in bulk

all it takes is one member to collect the money in advance and take reciept of the package when it arrives, then divvy it up and disperse it by snail mail within the UK

you could even save the postage by meeting up at one of the moots organised

of course it is a trust thing, i reccomend dealing with long time members and getting adresses and phone numbers out of people before sending money

it really does save a fortune though

Tant

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
Tantalus said:
i reccomend dealing with long time members

Thats a little unfair, it doesnt matter how long you have been on a forum as long as you give the supplier your details and it would be easier to deal through an electronic means i.e PayPal etc so that it can be paid through a credit card for safety reasons and different currencies...

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
sorry didnt mean to upset

just trying to inject a note of caution before everyone sends money off into the ether

Tant

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
What about a bulk purchase of a shipping company then Tommy could do this regularly? Or have I had one too many whiskies? Now bulk purchase of whisky might be interesting.......
George :)

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Bumblebee said:
:eek: :eek: It's the stainless steel mess kit nightmare again :eek: :eek:

Tomorrow morning there will be at least 17 more me too's, and in a few days I have to charter a maersk tanker.

Colour me included, if you decide to do it (and if the shipping costs don't send the price too silly)... I love my 35, but a hyouwge one would be ace.

As last time - if you want any assistance with distribution, I'll do what I can. Given the bulk, I expect this to be a bigger issue this time - it may genuinely be cheaper to distribute from a few local centres by "bush post" (= hand delivery), and it'll split the packing work.

Jim.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
OK, I spoke to the company and here's the deal:

If I buy 10 LK-70 I get them for 41.50 each shipped to my door, Standard Parcel shipping is 8.50 each so it's an even £50 delivered to you.

Buying less than 10 makes the price £50 each + shipping within the UK = 58.50.

Minumum order size is 5 rucksacks.

Could everybody interested post here and clearly state if you are still interested if the total count is less than 10. For stainless steel mess kits & matching kuksas see this post.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Bumblebee said:
Could everybody interested post here and clearly state if you are still interested if the total count is less than 10.

Hmm, I am still interested in one, just a shame it's not such a bargain as the 35l are from S&A.

Hardly counts as bulk purchase, mind you :rolleyes:

Jim.

j.roberts7

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2005
would be up for one of the bergens
i have the smaller version which is great and very robust
love it to bits
so if you manage to get some count me in
any links to where you were getting them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE