water proof jacket and trouser. what to get

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
This is another design I want to try given the potential benefits of the impermeable outer with supposedly breathable inner.

Keela are a lovely company to deal with. I’ve had a Falkland Ventile for years and send it off occasionally for worn cuffs to be replaced with leather, button or popper tears, pocket tears. They’re superb, well worth supporting.

@hughtrimble I don’t know how well founded my fears are, but much as Paramo is my top choice, I don’t feel it’s very hard wearing in brush or bramble stuff. I haven’t seen the trousers, but they’d certainly take some punishment on my type of woodland walks.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Keela are a lovely company to deal with. I’ve had a Falkland Ventile for years and send it off occasionally for worn cuffs to be replaced with leather, button or popper tears, pocket tears. They’re superb, well worth supporting.

@hughtrimble I don’t know how well founded my fears are, but much as Paramo is my top choice, I don’t feel it’s very hard wearing in brush or bramble stuff. I haven’t seen the trousers, but they’d certainly take some punishment on my type of woodland walks.
Absolutely, not well suited to bramble walking let alone bramble bashing. The material constantly catches, and whilst I imagine as it's a shell material it'll be repairable, I'd rather not when I have Fjallraven Barents and Vidda for when I know I'm going to be going through catchy stuff!

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
I like my "industrial" Goretex kit- heavy duty outer fabric with rain repellent and then the Goretex layer. The salopettes are excellent, can get thermal quilted versions for winter too. None of this "active" (i.e. small and tight) fit malarkey either.

The downside is that it's all fluorescent orange, rail standard....... ho hum.

GC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE