Swedish Army Mess Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
God bless you Sir, a true bushcrafter, improvise and adapt!

Could warm the whole lot up in my oh so lovely swedish mess kit that should arrive tomorrow whilst wrapped up snuggly in my thermals!

mmmm. :biggthump

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
I hope I get a free gift too :eek:):

To be honest I'll just be happy if it all turns up reasonably soon, it's undamaged and my folding cup is in OD and not blue.... simple things make me happy :)

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
NickBristol said:
and my folding cup is in OD and not blue.... simple things make me happy :)

I was worried about that one too, I did get the OD one,(I think it was the last one :yikes:

OK, only kidding. :wink:

The reason I use them is that they do not charge extra for sending stuff to the North of Scotland like a lot of places do.

:wave:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Why would people do that? Surely your still part of uk and hence covered by the same costs with the post office ect?

Elliott

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2004
Dorset
falcon said:
My kit arrived today from Surplus and Adventure so I had to christen it with a tin of tomato soup on my back yard (saddo) - very impressed. It looks versatile in that it could be used with an open fire as well as its burner unit and the capacity of main container and lid are both good. Two points. One concerning previous comments about postage - they charged £5.95 whereas actual cost was £4.96 so the 99p must contribute to their admin costs (I'm not bothered).

Secondly the burner unit contained within the kit was wrapped up in a slightly yellowed sheet of a Swedish newspaper dated 1963 ! and the kit had never been used. Looks like their Army Surplus remains in store for a very long time!

:eek:): Like you, mine arrived today and I also christened it with a can of soup(spicy lentil) on the back patio. I am very happy and it cooked to a rolling boil in five minutes. I put 50ml of meths in the burner, cooked the soup and then set out to use the rest of the flame in my 2 litre kelly kettle base to see if it would also bring 1 litre of water to a boil. Unfortunately I am a clumsy oaf and spilt the fuel on the transfer - so aborted for another day.

Mine also came within a 1963 wrapping of newspaper and I to am puzzled re the cost of delivery i.e. charged £5.95 with the Royal Mail stamp suggesting postage paid of £4.45 - go figure!

Still, with 2 mess tins "free" I am still happy.

Thanks to all who previously reviewed this product I hope to have years of use ahead of me. :super:

Elliott

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Hurray, hurray, it arrived today!!

I haven't christened it yet but I am dead excited about doing so.

And my thermals arrived too...now I can BE WARM FOREVER.....

mercury

Forager
Jan 27, 2004
East Yorkshire England
I was going to get one of these beautys but apparently they don't fit into army webbing to well

So I think those nice chaps at Bearclaw may get my pennies as their crusader cooker is the cheapest I've seen it :eek:):

mercury

Forager
Jan 27, 2004
East Yorkshire England
No sorry , I had very rudely departed from the thread topic and was blithering on about Crusader cookers

I use a "normal" camping triange myself although the wife insisted I use the two burner Gaz cooker when she camecamping with me

Apparently she didnt like powdered spud or super noodles for dinner lunch and tea :yikes:

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Elliott said:
I to am puzzled re the cost of delivery i.e. charged £5.95 with the Royal Mail stamp suggesting postage paid of £4.45 - go figure!
Simple, minimum charge £5.95, I got over £80 worth of stuff came in a big box still only charged £5.95. :roll:

Gary said>>
(Why would people do that? Surely your still part of uk and hence covered by the same costs with the post office etc?)

A lot of places have a surcharge for the Highlands and Islands look at the small print in some catalogues, if it comes by carrier it can get dropped in Aberdeen or Inverness then bought the rest of the way with another carrier.
But some put on a surcharge then send it up by royal mail, as soon as I see mention of a surcharge I bin it, :yikes: as lots of places don't charge extra to send stuff up here. :wave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE