Sweaty feet!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Hi Chaps,

Does anyone know where you can buy the plastic mesh inner sole inserts that are fitted as standard items to a military boot?

Sandsnakes.:lmao: phew the smell!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hi Chaps,

Does anyone know where you can buy the plastic mesh inner sole inserts that are fitted as standard items to a military boot?

Sandsnakes.:lmao: phew the smell!

Do you have Goretex lined boots? If so I think the smell is normal. :(

My first Alt-Berg motorcycle boots had a Goretex lining, and the first thing I did with them was go on a 1,000 mile ride, including a ferry crossing of several hours, in bad weather. From the waterproofing point of view they were the best bike boots I'd ever had, but when I took them off after that first trip I thought I must have caught some awful foot disease! The smell was awful! I'd never had a problem before, but ten years later those boots still make my feet smell. I found that spraying them generously with odour control spray from the chemist helps a lot, as does taking them off at every available opportunity and taking plenty of spare pairs of socks with me whenever I wear those boots. They're currently back at Alt-Berg being refurbished, I'm hoping they won't be as bad again as when they were new.

iano

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2010
Wales
£7 for a bit of plastic seems a bit pricey, hope they work out for you though. I couldn't abide them because my feet moving back and forth created a rubbing effect on the ridged plastic. Feels like a cheese grater after a while :p but that was back when I was wearing issued boots and socks that didn't really agree with my feet - I think with a properly made properly fitting boot, and a decent pair of socks you will be much happier as your feet are more secure and cushioned in them.

I feel sorry for the fella refitting Ged's boots :p

Sep 21, 2009
Ireland
Probably a bit late with the info , check out springfields.co.uk army issue boot insoles £1.99 per pair .

" It's better to have it and not need it , than to need it and not have it " .

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
The issue insoles are a nightmare. If you wear your boots constantly then they flatten and start digging into your feet. You're better off with some softer anti-bacterial insoles than those green plasticky pieces of rubbish

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE