SWC knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
Is there any other way to get in touch with Steve?
I know he is a busy man, but for the last six weeks, I'm trying to reach him via email, but no luck.:(

thanks,

Jasper

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I posted this on BB also. Just hang on in, he will get around to answering your email eventually. The RM knife must have increased his emails fourfold.

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
Hi all,

Yes, I know he is very busy because of the RM knife thing and i can understand there is a waiting list of at least 6 months.
But i don't want to wait the next 5/6 month's just for a simple reply. There are stories that even after 6 month's trying to reach him, they never got a reply from him.

After six weeks waiting, I thought at least it will be nice to get a simple reply. Something like; "we received your email and we will respond as soon as possible." :):surrender:

Jasper

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hi all,

Yes, I know he is very busy because of the RM knife thing and i can understand there is a waiting list of at least 6 months.
But i don't want to wait the next 5/6 month's just for a simple reply. There are stories that even after 6 month's trying to reach him, they never got a reply from him.

After six weeks waiting, I thought at least it will be nice to get a simple reply. Something like; "we received your email and we will respond as soon as possible." :):surrender:

Jasper

Yeah, that is fair enough and I'd be frustrated too. He must lose alot of customers this way. If I hadn't got a reply within a week, I'd be spending my money elsewhere. In fact I did and never looked back.

delta1

Jun 26, 2009
On A Mountain
Simple..Go somewhere else, if he cant be bothered to reply or employ someone to deal with the replies, or dont invite emails that he cant reply to. dont bother. Not being funny but it aint good business sense in my book.
But thats only my opinion.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Simple..Go somewhere else, if he cant be bothered to reply or employ someone to deal with the replies, or dont invite emails that he cant reply to. dont bother. Not being funny but it aint good business sense in my book.
But thats only my opinion.

Agree with that. nothing against SWC but i wouldn't stand for being not responded to , even if was just to say " Really busy , can't get back till xyz date!

Plenty of quality makers here and elsewhere, At the end of the day its just steel and wood unless your looking on it as an investment due to its association.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
if it "HAS" to be SWC, its gonna be a long wait.

at the end of the day a woodlore style knife from another maker will be exactly the same, just cut out 4mm o1 stock, HT'd with some 28deg bevels and some Scales slapped on, if i where you id go for another maker, just as good quality but at least you know whats happening and will have a shorter wait.

no knocking SWC's knives they are very good, but if hes not replying you might aswell take your hard earned elsewhere.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
at the end of the day a woodlore style knife from another maker will be exactly the same, just cut out 4mm o1 stock, HT'd with some 28deg bevels and some Scales slapped on, QUOTE]

I don't agree, every makers knives differ in almost every conceivable way. You can ID most makers work without seeing the mark quite easily. AWs stand out a mile from any of the clones, as do SWCs etc. Besides, the OP was just wanting to contact him, he never mentioned what he wanted.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
at the end of the day a woodlore style knife from another maker will be exactly the same, just cut out 4mm o1 stock, HT'd with some 28deg bevels and some Scales slapped on, QUOTE]

I don't agree, every makers knives differ in almost every conceivable way. You can ID most makers work without seeing the mark quite easily. AWs stand out a mile from any of the clones, as do SWCs etc. Besides, the OP was just wanting to contact him, he never mentioned what he wanted.

what i mean is theyre all the same in function, at the end of the day are you paying for a knife or a name.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I ordered a SWC blade from Him in December, had all my emails answered with in a couple of days:) even changed my order.

I originally asked for a price for a Kit and changed it to a blade as I have the wood for the handle, SWC did say it would be 3 - 4 months for delivery.

All I can assume is He's VERY busy so good look the the guy;)

Richard

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Both, the name is usually earned by making high quality knives consistently.

yes true, or the customers sence of quality, Certain factors and ways of advertising do wonders for convincing the consumer that the knife he is buying is the "Very Best".

Having said that, SWC knives are top stuff, and they would be as they where approached by the likes of Ray Mears, but top reputation doesnt always mean top quality, there are alot of little known makers who produce absaloute masterpeices...

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
Yes, I am looking for a woodlore style knife. :eek::rolleyes::D

The reason that I choose SWC, is the style and quality of his knives.
I also liked the idea of the knife kits, so you can make your own scales.

I will try and reach him for a few weeks, if there is no response, I will look for someone else.

Thank god, I have my trusty Mora knife to get me out of trouble. ;) goodjob

Cheers,

Jasper

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE