Svord Peasant Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
A very nice folder knife.
I ordered a cKc hiker which is almost the same but a fulltange version of the peasant.

That is a very nice write up! Good work! :35: Hard to beat for the price. I also have the full tang hiker and I use it to death as a utility knife. It's a very handy necker.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Got straight in. Nice write up. I've got three of 'em; simple, useful and no tears if one gets lost in the grass.

I think I would cry if I lost mine - especially as I made it a nice 3mm belt sheath with a Celtic Knot design as a replacement for the naff one it came with! :)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I just got a Svord Peasant Knife with wooden scales as a Birthday gift. I really, really like it, it came very sharp out the box and I like the feel of it in my hand. I had to adjust the tension (as it advises) otherwise I could see myself lopping a finger off trying to fold it.

A couple of things to note. As may have been mentioned it's not a legal EDC in the UK as the cutting edge is a little longer than 3". A lot of people change the tip of the knife to a drop point. I have (less drastically) ground the last little bit nearest the tang into a sloping flat edge that could not be misconstrued as a cutting edge. Doing it this way means if I ever want to reclaim the length I can do.

The other thing was that the scales are a little out - the don't line up at the front and back. I was a bit disappointed with this and had it not been a gift I may have been tempted to swap it for another. However a little time with the dremel and they match OK now. (Also I'm thinking of eventually making my own scales for this).

All in all bigger, but lighter than expected. A very capable tool that I'm very pleased with despite a couple of small issues that we're fairly painless to rectify. A simple concept that works well.

Love it.

M

Last edited:

Chastiser

Need to contact Admin...
the peasant is a great knife for the price. i have one with the black scales. sharp as sharp out of the box and after a strop i can shave with it.

i guess its one of those really simple ideas that hits the nail on the head right away.

still prefer my mykal morris ff though ;-)

rulyg26

Jan 5, 2012
Aspull, Wigan
I just got a Svord Peasant Knife with wooden scales as a Birthday gift. I really, really like it, it came very sharp out the box and I like the feel of it in my hand. I had to adjust the tension (as it advises) otherwise I could see myself lopping a finger off trying to fold it.

A couple of things to note. As may have been mentioned it's not a legal EDC in the UK as the cutting edge is a little longer than 3". A lot of people change the tip of the knife to a drop point. I have (less drastically) ground the last little bit nearest the tang into a sloping flat edge that could not be misconstrued as a cutting edge. Doing it this way means if I ever want to reclaim the length I can do.

The other thing was that the scales are a little out - the don't line up at the front and back. I was a bit disappointed with this and had it not been a gift I may have been tempted to swap it for another. However a little time with the dremel and they match OK now. (Also I'm thinking of eventually making my own scales for this).

All in all bigger, but lighter than expected. A very capable tool that I'm very pleased with despite a couple of small issues that we're fairly painless to rectify. A simple concept that works well.

Love it.

M

Is it counted as a locking blade though??
If it is then I'm pretty sure It would be illegal to carry as a utility knife.
Just wondering
George :)

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Is it counted as a locking blade though??
If it is then I'm pretty sure It would be illegal to carry as a utility knife.
Just wondering
George :)

Nope :) Friction folders like the Svord are not considered locking knives. The only issue you might have would be with the blade length if you didn't take steps to ensure it fell under the 3" maximum.

Ahh the joys of S139.

Cheers!

Huon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE