Sussex Bushcraft group meet for JANUARY 2013: Weekend of 18th/20th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

F7144

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2011
Kent
I should be over there on Saturday morning, but Im only coming out if we a have a good dump of snow!

Luke

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I'll be down Saturday morning too, all going well. Jack I won't go for the communal meal this time as there is a small chance I may not make it at all, but thanks anyway.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
2 jackcbr - Saturday meal
3 Simon H
4 mark46w + 2 boys (Saturday)
5 Dark Horse Dave (Fri afternoon - Sat afternoon only) - no Sat meal (want to try my new cooking pot!)
6 Peter_t
7 Hellobayo
8 Spandit - I might pop in on the Saturday evening but can't stay overnight
9 Crosslandkelly - Saturday meal
10 Rich83
11 Fedupfrog
12 nmdbase
13 Andy BB

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
Hey as I already mentioned I am coming from Chichester and really want to make this... Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do if there is a lot of snow? Can someone local to the area PM me a phone number to ring in case I can't find the place or get lost? Or perhaps can I hitch a ride half way or something?

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Hey as I already mentioned I am coming from Chichester and really want to make this... Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do if there is a lot of snow? Can someone local to the area PM me a phone number to ring in case I can't find the place or get lost? Or perhaps can I hitch a ride half way or something?

Im not local, but it's reasonably easy to find as it is sign posted as the scout campsite.

Postcode for the place is rh18 5js

And there website for contact details is

http://www.broadstonewarren.org.uk

The office is shut over lunch

Neumo - looks like the link in the thread forward is wrong as it doesn't link out to their site.

Im going to try and get over as early as possible to get things sorted, but at the mo may be delayed due to weather.

Ps, if you have firewood, please bring it or a lot of energy to go collecting as I think we are going to need it. No chainsaws or cutting down dead standing allowed on site, so we will have to be industrious if we want to keep warm. I'll get the chute up ASAP when I get there so we have the communial area sorted. For the new guys, if you can report into the site office once you arrive (let them know you are the Sussex Bushcraft UK group) and they will let you know if it is ok to drive up to the site to drop your stuff off. Parking is only allowed down in the main carpark and it's a bumpy old track up which could be fun in the snow and ice. Other than that, see you all there Friday/Saterday.

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
Right massive thanks for the info on the camp site. I'm a little highly strung as I haven't really slept for a couple of years (damned kids!) and I don't know any one within BCUK and have never really traveled north - never needed to go anywhere from the coast so am a little apprehensive about the getting lost lol.

Firewood - is CLS alright? I could probably get some off cuts of non-treated timber.

Dumplings - if I make them wrong will this ruin the dinner? If so shall I just bring some crusty bread instead?!

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Assuming travel is OK (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html) I hope to be there by about 4 this afternoon.

Rich83: I'd bring any wood you have, if it's easy for you to do so. I'm not having dinner on Saturday and have never made dumplings, but I imagine they're hard to get wrong. I very much doubt you'll ruin anything! Very decent of you to chip in anyway (oh, it's dumplings not chips......)

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Even the gritted A roads over this way (Worthing/Shoreham) now have laying snow on them and ive heard that there are a few cars in ditches, hedges and just plain and simply abandoned.

Have fun;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE