Sussex Bushcraft group meet for JANUARY 2013: Weekend of 18th/20th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I am interested in coming to a future event, however this weekend I am already away. Can you let me know when the next event will be?

Ray

You can keep track of new threads for new meets by going here

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

and going to the forum tools at the top right and choosing subscribe to this forum, then follow the instructions as to whether you want email notification or through your control panel (i.e. online)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I spent yesterday in the woods with Wayne & Dave from Forest Knights. Every year they have a weekend meet at the start of January to camp out in their 250 acre woods. The idea is to get their customers, friends & other bushy people together for a weekend's camping. They will provide some food ( a whole deer this year) in return for helping them do some start of year jobs round their site. That will include things like:

- making some benches out of logs & planks
- weaving a wicker wall round one of their parachute shelters
- making a raised clay fire platform

There will also be lots of fun stuff to do, with opportunities to practice skills & meet some more local bushcrafters. Waynes description of the event is here:

All previous students and friends of Forest Knights are welcome.

This year we will return to our main woodland base.

Details are the same as previous years. There will be a chance to practice your skills building various projects around our camp.

We will skin a deer and help feed you. Plenty of space for tents and hammocks although with the recent rain a hammock might be a good thing.

The event runs from Friday until Sunday.

Wayne said to mention it to you lot to see if any of you wanted to do a weekends camping in a couple of weeks; thats
Friday 11th to Sun 13th Jan 2013. The site is just west of Arundel, West Sussex. PM us if you are interested & I can send you the directions. You can also contact Wayne on here, whose user name is also Wayne. The site is in a wood which has a couple of parachutes, some tarp shelters & a composing loo, but there is no water tap on site. There will be a dozen to 20 or so customers/friends of Wayne's at the event & it's worth coming just for the food, which is always first class. If you want to come then PM me & I will let him know. Dave

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
very interested dave, i met wayne at one of his work parties about 4 years ago whilst i was still at college.
not 100% i can go yet but will pm you when i know

pete

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Might be up for that, not been to Waynes for a couple of years, be nice to catch up with Wayne again as ive not seen him for ages. Were Rob & Mel there yesterday Dave?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Were Rob & Mel there yesterday

No I dont think I have met them yet. I did a Bow making course with Wayne & Dave a few months back & have been doing bits with them ever since, as they are just down the road from me. I have met some of their friends over the last few months and am looking forward to meeting some more at this meet. They are good company, I learn lots & the food is always good.

I am toying with making a Coracle frame the event, from hazel wands & there is a small pond up the road that it may float on if I can find a bit of tarp to sacrifice.

Mark46w

Oct 3, 2012
Horsham. West Sussex.
I would like to come along on the saturday 12th at Arundel with my 2 boys (weather permitting). Could you please give me directions, We'll be coming down from Horsham.
And would also like to attend the Broadstone meet on the 19th.
I hope this is adequate notification as these will be my first meets with BCUK.
Looking forward to meeting up with some like minded people.
Hopefully see you soon.
Mark.

Last edited:

Leather Owl

Jan 7, 2013
Arundel, West Sussex
Hi Guys,

I am a sussexite who lives near Arundel and have a very keen interest in Bushcraft. I have just joined the “Bushcraft UK Forum” where I came across you’re group (Sussex Bushcraft Group) and this posing about a group meeting at the end of Jan. I am very interested in getting to meet others in my local area with a similar interest and would be very keen to meet up with others and to join your group. Please can you tell me what I have to do go get involved with you guys?

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Seriously, just come along to a meet. You don't have to stay (pay half for a day visit) but you'll want to! Bring a chair

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE