Sussex Bushcraft group meet for JANUARY 2013: Weekend of 18th/20th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mark46w

Oct 3, 2012
Horsham. West Sussex.
We got there around 12.30. Introduced ourselves to AndyBB and admired his teepee woodburner setup, After stoking the fire and a wonder around the forest we enjoyed some hot soup where the parachute was,then helped Andy back to the car with some of his kit.
Now that I know where the site is,and what it has to offer,I'm keen to attend the next meet,and meeting more members of the group.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
We got there around 12.30. Introduced ourselves to AndyBB and admired his teepee woodburner setup, After stoking the fire and a wonder around the forest we enjoyed some hot soup where the parachute was,then helped Andy back to the car with some of his kit.
Now that I know where the site is,and what it has to offer,I'm keen to attend the next meet,and meeting more members of the group.

Sorry we missed you. We're normally there until 2pm on a meet. Did Andy remember his cider?

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Oh yes, that was a great meet. I stayed nice and warm, with the exception of cold feet once we sat down for the evenings.

Nice to see some new faces and some old ones too ( sorry Crosslandkelly, you're an old face now just because you've come twice and brought food and beer to share. Not too mention all the fire wood you processed).

Not so sure I had the last laugh with the chute. Took me an hour and a half to hang out the bloody thing on my own in the work shop up the farm. Half the strings dropped out and bits of it are still only just above the ground. Still a bit open to the elements too, so will be some time before it dries, it was already freezing up by the time I finished hanging it. Good job the sheep don't come in to lamb for a few weeks yet as I'll have to move it.

But all said and done I really enjoyed myself.

FYI, this meet wasn't booked in with them and we were lucky to get on as another group had cancelled. I've not booked the next one as it would be half term for the last weekend and not sure if there would be more people the weekend before. As Widu said, I'm not around at all for feb, so if anyone is passing gatwick and going to that meet maybe they could pick it up? Give it a couple of weeks to dry first though.

Pics and blog to come, but Widu summed it up nicely.

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Sorry we missed you. We're normally there until 2pm on a meet. Did Andy remember his cider?

Ah - knew I'd forgotten something! Ah well, should be nicely chilled for the next one! Got back safely, and many thanks to Mark and ladyfriend for the assist!

Nice to meet you all - what a great introduction to the location - perfect weather:)

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
It was an epic stew. It was a great weekend for me, just what I needed. Yes, woken up to the cold in a supposed extreme cold bag set but I blame the half inch foam mat I slept on... Gotta blame something!

As for next time, 24th is good for me if that matters?

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I didn't book on the day as

1 had no money for deposit
2 the next meet is the school half term
3 a request to have it a week earlier was raised

Im not about at all in feb, and so far it's one vote for the w/e of 16/17 and one for 23/24

But it will need to be booked fully as we only got the pitch last time as someone else cancelled.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I am easy on the dates myself. The meet was not booked in as we dont normally need to book it in from September till about March as the place is normally near empty. Once we get a consensus on the most popular days then we can get a new thread up & book it in with the site office.

Looks like you had fun & plenty of snow. Was not so keen on going out out in the snow after my Op but am looking forward to the next one.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
The meet was not booked in as we dont normally need to book it in from September till about March as the place is normally near empty.

Last time i spoke to someone down there for a booking i was looking at making, i was advised that all bookings had to be made and a deposit paid in advance, regardless of the time of year, from what i understand, i think they have had a few groups mess them around by making bookings and just not turning up, leaving Broadstone expecting people who will never be there, so now they are sticking to their booking policy, which is fair enough really.

Out of the two dates mentioned so far, i can make one of them, which is the first time in months that ive not been busy of a weekend.:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE