Sussex Bushcraft group meet for JANUARY 2013: Weekend of 18th/20th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Done! It looks like we'll be cooking for 10. I'm aiming to get there for 12ish on the Friday if you need a hand with any of the setting up. Are we on the same pitch?
Atb Colin.

Cool, give me the chane to christen my new Dutch oven. But before we cater for everyone (as some people prefer to cater for themselves) can those who want in pop meal against their name on the list please.

1 Neumo
2 jackcbr - Saturday meal
3 Simon H
4 mark46w + 2 boys (Saturday)
5 Dark Horse Dave (Fri afternoon - Sat afternoon only)
6 Peter_t
7 Hellobayo
8 Spandit - I might pop in on the Saturday evening but can't stay overnight
9 Crosslandkelly - Saturday meal
10 Rich83

Pretty sure we are back on the same pitch again, I'll aim to be there about the same time. We're going to need to work hard for fire wood this time.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
1 Neumo
3 Simon H
5 Dark Horse Dave (Fri afternoon - Sat afternoon only) - no Sat meal (want to try my new cooking pot!)
6 Peter_t
7 Hellobayo
10 Rich83
11 Fedupfrog
12 nmdbase

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Anyone else want to share a communal meal on the Saturday, if so put meal beside your name so we know how many to cook for. Cheers

3 Simon H
5 Dark Horse Dave (Fri afternoon - Sat afternoon only) - no Sat meal (want to try my new cooking pot!)
6 Peter_t
7 Hellobayo
10 Rich83
11 Fedupfrog
12 nmdbase

So far only two for the meal.

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Re Directions for the Arundel meet.

Sorry I did not get back to you but I was in places with no reception. The invite was aimed at the BCUK Sussex meet regulars, who I know a bit & can vouch for. This was a small private meet for the friends of the people who run the site, Forest Knights, so it was not really open to people we dont know. Sorry if I did not make that clearer in the invite. I did discuss this with the owner who basically said the same thing. So it was basically a closed meet & having too many people that we dont know at all would have changed the vibe of the weekend as it is a smallish camp they have, if you know what I mean. There is still next week's open meet is on next weekend and every month from now on. Peter turned up & was helping out with a chainsaw etc..

I may not be able to come to next weekends meet as I am in to hospital on Wednesday for a small op o my face to remove a bad mole thing, so will be down for the day if I come at all. I will know more later in the week, so probably best not to put me down for the meal.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Thanks. Yes it was a bit awkward when new people genuinely wanted to come but it was not my meet, as I was only asked to invite some more people. Glad you understand. Hope to meet you soon but am not sure if I will be up at the weekend.

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
I will be coming up Sat first thing (arrive for about nine) and will leave Sun at about four. I am coming from Chichester in my people carrier so I was wondering if anyone wanted a ride to chip in on petrol?

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Also, is this pot of food a private venture or should I bring some offerings to put in?

Hi mate

No, not a private venture, just a communial meal, but an offering for the pot is always appreciated. I've got the veggies sorted and Crosslandkelly is bringing the meat, so some dumplings would be good.

Looks like its just the three of us up for it so far. Any other takers, I'm shopping tonight as I'm busy tomorrow?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE